Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Reviews of Chinese ATVs

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2004, 09:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reviews of Chinese ATVs

Here is my opinion:

Purchased Kazuma 110 this past winter. $1700 but had to pick it up at the local shipping center.

Pros
Easy to assemble. Started right up. Lots of power. Kids keep it in second gear all the time. The bike will go pretty fast in third gear. Plenty of power for my 2 eight year old girls. Headlight is powerful. Great fuel economy.

Cons
Clutch failed on first trip out. Headlight is kind of shabby. Headlight bolts fell out on second trip. Flag holder is worthless. Nothing holds it in!!! Suspension is very stiff. Very little technical info on bike. Distributor says motor is Honda replica and body is Suzuki replica. He cannot tell me the exact year and application for the motor and body. I think the motor is a Honda CT110 but an not sure. If I could figure out what the motor/body is I could get parts fairly easy.

Trips
First trip to Glamis we lost the clutch. Oil turned black. Material dissolved off clutch plates. Distributor sent a replacement cutch assembly that I installed. Second trip to Dumont no probs. Kids rode the bike dawn to dusk. Kids ride the bike in the back yard all the time. We have had no probs with the bike since the clutch issue.

I don't have an opinion on the bike yet. It seems good if one is mechanically inclined. The price is right. We need a full season on the bike to know for sure.

Old 06-15-2004, 09:47 PM
Trailblazer

Correction

I paid $1400 not $1700!!

Old 06-16-2004, 01:06 AM
Range Rover

I believe the Kazuma body is similar to the Suzuki LT80. It seems a lot of these Chinese quads have engines that are very similar (Honda clone) and the bodies are either a clone of the LT80 or Raptor 80 and some of the bigger ones are clones of the Blaster. I have noticed however that the engines bore and stroke can vary slightly between the different manufactuers of the 110's.

Old 06-16-2004, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

Correct. The main design is the same used in the Honda ATC-110, but the manufacturers vary them slightly for the applications. Shorter stroke and larger bore for better horsepower, longer stroke and narrower bore for better torque.

The bodies are really starting to deviate. They are integrating newer features, and fixing older problems. Many have integrated the headlights into the plastic because people feedback that they shake loose of get broken off.... things like that.

Old 07-07-2004, 12:34 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to update this. Found my problem with the starting issue. Weak battery. Since I stated leaving a trickle charger ($13 from the local auto store) hooked up to the quad in storage, it starts right up! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2004, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

okay, my review of MFC quads has finally been posted. go to www.quads.ca .From the home page, click on "product reviews", and there will be our review of the quads, 4 different models, 50, 90, 125 & 250. There are a bunch of pics aswell.

Old 07-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Range Rover

Good reviews confusedbuyer..

On another note, I have to downgrade my review on the Tomahawk ZXR 110 ATV here . This thing has been a nightmare, more and more bolts have vibrated out including the engine mount bolts, exhaust bolt, steering shaft bolts and the bolts that hold on the shaft drive. Both headlights have burned out and it's also eating oil for some reason amongst many other things. I don't know if this is just a lemon or not but it has been a piece of GARBAGE. I spend most of my outings fixing one thing or the other on this piece.

I now wish I would have just bought the kids a used Japanese brand quad. I purchased a 1986 Honda 200SX that has been WAY more reliable than this beast. I also have a couple of early 80's Honda ATC 110 three wheelers that are way more reliable and also more powerful.

My conclusion, the Tomahawk is a piece of crap dressed up as an overpriced ATV..

Old 07-12-2004, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

sorry to hear that khen. maybe use some ny-lock nuts on the loose bolts where you can. you can't shake those loose. but using oil...should never happen. now you're scaring me, cuz I was thinkong about a local distirbutor's 110 model, they are called www.atv4less.com. they have a cheap 110 4-stroke, shaft drive with reverse, but i wonder if it's not the same. someone else guessed maybe Yamoto makes this one.

Old 07-12-2004, 03:17 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Found it under a company called Loncin. See the home page on his link. Some of these companies are so intertwined, it's hard to know what came from where.

Old 07-12-2004, 06:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about your bit of bad luck Khen. Your Tomahawk 110 looks identical to some of the other brands (MFC, Yamoto, etc). I have a Yamoto 150 model which is very similar to the 110's. I've done everything to it even ran it off a 10' ditch bank just to see if the axle would hold up after bottoming the suspension out (I busted the axle and my tailbone). I put up a review titled "Yamoto 150 Review" if you care to read it. Anyways, the last thing I did to my quad was run it down a few miles of RR tracks to get to a fishing spot. Nothing came loose after Locktiting just about everything. There's something else I did to the engine mounts and from A-arm hing pins that might be of some use to you. I ran a piece of 10-pound-test fishing line through my nuts before I put the bolts back in. It's something I learned from a buddy of mine. You might have to take a pencil torch to soften up the fishing line for smaller nuts and bolts but once you started the bolt in... it's gauranteed to be rattle proof. When you hear the squeak on every turn of the bolt and your forearm starts hurting from the strain, you'll know it won't come back out [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

You also right about the cats-eye-lights that come on these Chinese models. They are cheap. I installed some halogen driving lights mounted directly between the stocks lights. They are a big time improvement! The lights are mounted on a 1/8" thick aluminum plate I used to reinforce the front body mount located under the air box. This was the first thing I broke on the ATV and I figured it needed some reinforcement... turns out it made a decent light mount also. I'll post some pics on a new thread tonight to show you guys what I'm talking about.

BTW, Canucklehead, nice review on those MFC's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Reviews of Chinese ATVs