Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

1st time buyer

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 06:56 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1st time buyer

Originally posted by: WhoDatInDaMud
"Most dealers do not stock plastics and front suspensions items." - They do around here. Being a little less myopic eludes some.

"I can't understand why anybody would replace the front suspension with more stock parts anyway? " Frankly, they aren't very good (or safe imo). - In your opinion - based on what? If someone wipes out a A arm and shock they should what? Build a highperformance race machine - on that side of the quad?

the same block and drive train can be found on a lot of mini's. - which ones I asked ? Or are we quessing? I havnt' seen anything even close. I'm not the person proclaiming expertise either.

"The Polaris Scrambler has a couple of clones floating around (chassis and engine)." - clones? which ones? Do you know or are you guessing again?

"Haven't gotten a good look at a Predator to say if it's still the same under all those plastics." -

So you don't know.

LOL! Where were you when the guy called me on the Suzuki being Korean?

- You're lucky to get an oil filter at most dealers I've been to, but hey, I've only been in 20 or so shops. Not an expert. But I do know it takes a heck of lot of equity to stock plastics, shocks and a-arms (and every other part) for every model sold, name brand or not. You must have the biggest and richest dealer in the entire world, WhoDat!

- You mean upgrade to a front suspension that actually works? YES! Unless you're happy with that 2-inches of travel. Not to mention the extra width will make it more stable. Thought you were a safety guy, WhoDat?

- I'm not sure if the predator has the same chassis as the old scrambler. I'd bet it does or that they are pretty close. Both those engines are built in the same factory in China as a few lesser known quad's. Break your heart, WhoDat? And yes many parts are interchangeable between many different makes.

It's out there if you look hard enough. Have at it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-01-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st time buyer

Originally posted by: confusedbuyer
I think the Koreans are where the Japanese were 20-30 years ago. Actually well made, but no respect. Samsung is a huge Korean co., that makes everything, so is Hyundai, LG, and their products are respectable.
no respect? are f*ckin kidding me?!?! LG, Samsung, Hyundai, Kia are all very well made, high quality, and will last forever. Did you know LG, sony and samsung are the 3 top electronics producers in the world? and Kia is the fastest growing car company in North America followed by Hyundai? I completely disagree with those who say korean made products are cheap. They are just as good if not better than american products.

Old 07-01-2004, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default 1st time buyer

I would recommend a used TRX250ex honda.

Old 07-02-2004, 03:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default 1st time buyer

are we arguing or agreeing? I said they are "actually well made"....and "their products are respectable". Do you remember Toyota, Datsun and Honda in the 70's? Rodney Dangerfield shoulda been their spokesperson. "No respect". Yet they were well made engines (the bodies rusted to nothing). I'm mostly with ya on the quality of all those products,although I'm not sure I'd agree they'll last forever. Kia needs to get some history behind it first. Hyundai's first cars were junk... the Stellar, Pony, but they've learned and turn out some good stuff. I know a guy with the sporty one, Simaron??, and it's a nice car.

I still think there are a lot of people that give them no respect, but obviously I'm not one of them from the comments i made.

Old 07-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider
Default 1st time buyer

sorry confusedbuyer we got off on the wrong foot, i read your original post wrong [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2004, 05:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default 1st time buyer

no problem, we agree I take it. But it's okay to disagree too, makes for some lively and entertaining discussion on some of these forums.

It was a Hyundai Tiburon (Simaron?? what was I thinking). I remember buying another Korean electronics brand several years, MEI. It really was garbage. That's the fear i think of the Chinese stuff now. They could make 80%-90% of quality stuff, but people only think about the 10-20% that's poor and trash all of it as garbage which isn't fair to the rest of it that's good.

Old 07-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default 1st time buyer

Who dat:

Alphasports is a clone to the Polaris Predator both are made by AEON. There are alot of interchangable parts w/the so called b of brands. Extreme is compatible w/polaris also.

I have a friend of ours who has the Kazuma, now we haven't gotten into any internals yet...but everything looks to be out of the Honda(engine). The body I beleive can be changed out w/the LT80...but like I said we have not had to go in there yet, so that is still up for debate.

Old 07-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default 1st time buyer

Spike, look at the kill switchs used on the personal watercrafts out there.... works like a champ on the kid's raptor 80

Old 07-08-2004, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1st time buyer

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
Spike, look at the kill switchs used on the personal watercrafts out there.... works like a champ on the kid's raptor 80
Thanks for the heads-up on Water Craft kill switch / teather strap "clone" advice. Could be less expensive then purchasing the same kill switch / teather strap that's located on our Pred-90's mini dash.

Talk about "possible" CLONE interchangeable parts.... We currently have NO Spark on our Pred-90. Like many Pred-50/90s what run in constant deep water & mud, I suspect our unit's Stator Coil is gone. A curse that's starting to happen to many Pred's. Anyway, do you know if the Stator Coil system from a different "clone" mini will fit on our 2003 Pred-90? If possible, I'd like to replace our factory coil with something better - assuming the Stator is the problem. Thanks for your "clone part" feedback.

Old 07-08-2004, 10:26 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Default 1st time buyer

Spike, contact Billy at WRH.

Quick Reply: 1st time buyer