Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

What to do about a bully parent at the track?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 05:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do about a bully parent at the track?????

I have to Admit I just changed that AVATAR tonight.
I saw it in another thread and thought it was great. Just ironic that it literally came at the same time I found this topic.
To me there is no "tie in" to this topic.
Although I am a strong believer in "eliminating the threat" of any proven/known terrorist or terrorist leader.
This world has enough violence (this topic as an example, although on the mild scale of the Big picture).
The more we let those guys get away with terror, the worse off terrorism will become.

Sidenote: There are a ton of AVATARS at Funny Avatars.
If I remember the topic I found Osama on, I'll go back there and look, they mentiond the website that he came from also.

Old 07-28-2004, 06:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quad4fun, the soccer match was in South Africa, Eastern Capetown, Kenton-On-the Sea. The coach was killed by the ref, but he fired at the players first. coach was from Ekuphumuleni.

Old 07-28-2004, 08:48 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Oh I don't know.. I am having problems with the whole deal... I see one guy claims to be from Texas, the other from PA. Must have been one heck of a purse to go that far to race.... I see this sort of deal where parents live vicariously through their children. Maybe it is because they didn't have the opportunity when they were young, or because they are so over the top expense wise that their kid has to "make it" to the professional ranks to recoup their investment etc. Hard to say.

If you have ever been to a national go-kart race, you know what I mean.. Parents pull up in their 100 grand motor homes, pulling a trailer that must have cost another 40 grand, packed full of another hundred grand worth of tires, spare parts, engines etc... The kids walk around like they are F1 stars, or Jeff Gordon wannabe's... It is no wonder the sports today are so over the top... I really love it when a family pulls up in a 15 year old pickup truck, pull s out their one and only Kart, airs up the tire they used last week, and the week befor and whips their butt. Now THAT really stokes my fire.

Now there are baseball camps, soccer camps, basketball camps etc.. you would think that the kid couldn't play a simple game without spending thousands of dollars... and for what? A season that consists of maybe 15 games, and many kids sit on benches for half of that...

Come on parents... where is the fun in that? What starts off as a way to get the kid off the couch and away from their gameboy and get a little exercise quickly turns into a competative deal that mutates into some sort of measurement yardstick... Oh yeah, we really need to tell our kids that they are not worthy of their existance if they don't win tonight... NOPE.. all I want to do is to take my 9 year old out for a leisurely ride in the woods once in a while. Sit with him in the garage and teach him how to make adjustments and maintain his ATV.. and just spend some time with him talking. You would be surprised how rewarding that simple deal is... why cloud it up with competition lust? I figure they will have enough of that when they get older... If you teach them how to think their way through problems... and gain confidence that no matter how large a task looks, they can probably figure it out.. they will be better able to handle the bigger things and make better choices later in life. That's what we should be teaching our kids.

Now I am not going to question anyone's veracity, or their motivation on this thread... but it appears that there may be two sides of the story... and viewpoint is always at play... but I will say one thing... You need to take time to smell the roses.. and look around at what is going on. Do you want to burdon your children with this same reactive response? Or would you rather they be blessed with ability to handle stressful situations in another manner. Anger usually is a sign of inability to deal with something.. and is a natural reaction to stress. You can learn ways to deal with it that are more appropriate..

I sure hope the promoter learned something from all this...If it were me, I'd have probably asked them both to either take it to their own trailers, or leave.

Old 07-28-2004, 09:20 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LT80
Posted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:25 am Post subject: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Ok. A little note from THE BIRD! Let me tell you I was close enough to Mr. Peaks and Mr. Lewis to get spit on by both of them. the way I see it Peak walked up to Lewis, Rob the race director and I,Peaks knowingly planned on starting a scene and acting as the victim. Peaks tried to shake Lewis s hand and knowing Lewis wants nothing to do with Peaks himself. Lewis told Peaks in so many words to stay a way from him, and Peaks presisted on getting in Lewis s face. A few words and some shouting occurred , but no death threats or physical actions were taken against Peaks. A BULLY GOES OUT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE NOT AVOIDING IT GREG. SATURDAY YOU WENT LOOKING FOR TROUBLE AND WHEN YOU PROVOKED IT YOU SCREAMED RAPE! P.S GREG DID YOU appoligise TO THE LITTLE GIRL THAT YOU CALLED A TROUBLE MAKING LITTLE *beep*? She was standing right next to you when you said those kind words about her. And did you apologize to the little boy that wrecked hi four wheeler in the supper mini race and instead of helping him you ran up to him screaming profanity, claiming he was blocking your son? End of quote.I feel so naieve! I should have known better.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Seems as if Mr. Peaks has some serious issues and is trying too justify his actions by posting inaccurate accounts here.
Gary

Old 07-28-2004, 10:17 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
Oh I don't know.. I am having problems with the whole deal... I see one guy claims to be from Texas, the other from PA.

Jack was only quoting what had been said on another site.

Old 07-28-2004, 11:13 AM
Pro Rider

What really sux about all of this BAD behavior by the DADS, is that if the track officals step in and start Kicking them off the tracks then the KIDS will be right out with them.....THINK DADS!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Next question is for the DADS involved...Have you learned anything from this post???

Something so small can escalate into a Verbal and physical brawl....NO NEED!!!!

Enough for me on this issue. I'm hoping they both realize what the out come can be....and will shake hands and let it all go. Or stay away from each other.

Don't ruin it for YOUR KIDS...forget your EGO!!!

Old 07-29-2004, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

Call him some nice names, he'll be calmed down. Or, bring a sludge hammer with ya to the next race. LOL!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2004, 12:19 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When i was a kid playing commnity hockey and football with the same coach ,he was you will win no matter what it takes after a couple of seasons with him i quite football ,no other team close to play on .
i switched hockey teams to one with the worst record in the league , but you know what our coach let us have fun in practice and play. Yea well we would get our butts handed to us 2out of3 times but we all came to practice the next day ,because we had fun ,like it's supposed to be !!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-30-2004, 08:17 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Exactly the way things should be.. I used to referee tackle football for the kids of American forces in Europe.. and one day we were at a game of mighty mites, and there was one child that appeared to be the star athelete of his team. the only problem was he had been coached by his father to spear when he tackled. We warned him twice, and his coach once of his dangerous tactic of using his helmet as a weapen instead of his arms wrapping around the opponent.. and for his late hits coming in and ramming the opponent in the back with his head after the whistle had blown...

After the fourth time, enough was enough...for his safety and for the safety of the other kids, he was booted from the game. Clearly, the kid had been coached to do this... any way, his father came flying out of the stands, out on to the field and confronted the White hat. Well to make a long story short, it was ugly, and eventually led to the white hat (Who was a full bird Colonel) pulling the guy's ID card (Army E7) and having the MP's haul his butt off to the brig. Needless to say, the guy's career was over... and all because they could not just let the kid have fun....

Winning isn't everything.... as someone once said... sometimes learning from defeat teaches good lessons as well. The important thing is that they get to play and enjoy acting out their dreams. This is why I do not place much emphasis on going fast, or having the fasted quad, or can do the longest wheelie any longer... I learned the hard way that it does not matter... what does matter is that we get to ride in the first place.... Enjoy the experience...

Old 07-30-2004, 07:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am a race mom who has enjoyed reading many things on this forum

I have always been afraid to say anything in the past for fear I would say

something wrong or stupid but I must do so now because I was a witness to two of your claims and I saw both quit differently.

About Mr. Birds comments

I happened to be standing at the fence line watching all the little ones practicing while this was taking place between the fence and the track . I did not see Peak do anything to deserve what I saw. I saw Mr. Peak watching for his son to come off the track. When he did Peak started walking back.

Mr. Blackard, Mr. Lewis and another man were standing in the pathway in front of me.

I saw Mr. Blackard wave hi to Peak as he was walking past them. Peak stopped and shook His hand, I did not hear what was said but I did see them talking, and smiling and laughing. Peak also extended his hand to Lewis and then Lewis went crazy and I did see him kind of hit Peak in the face. All I saw Peak do was try to get away. All I can say is I was on the other side of the fence and it scared me.

On the other thing you mentioned I again was the watching the kids race. We saw the one boy land on top of the rear of Peaks son and watched him flip over and over. I saw Peak and others running over there. Peak did not even get close to that boy as he already had people all around him. Peak went to help his son also off the track from getting hit.
It was the other boys parent that came to Peak three times. The third time I heard Peak yell at him that everyone saw who hit who.

Peak has always been nice to our kids.

Quick Reply: What to do about a bully parent at the track?????