Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

I need a pipe for an Eton 90

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a pipe for an Eton 90

I am looking for a new exhaust for my son's '03 eton Thunder 90cc. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Also any other upgrades that I may be able to do to his bike are also appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Old 07-28-2004, 12:48 AM
Trailblazer

Hey, i have an ETON Sportsman 90.(they are about the same) Here are some upgrades you can do:

Install a 35 amp or less headlight in the front. Higher than 35 amps will suck up juice too much, and it can't catch up to the drainage. (Headlight costs 25.00-50.00)

Connect the back light to the switch of the headlight. then to the battery. This will make your back light stay dim when you turn on the headlight, and bright when you hold on the brake.( this makes good use of the filaments in the bulb) Plus , its safe.

9Maybe you know this, but maybe not) Make sure the chain has 1" of play and not 2. Mine was 2, but i fixed it.

Give me some feedback about when you change the transmission oil, and other changes you made, i'd like to hear because there is maybe something i can learn.

Old 07-28-2004, 04:41 AM
Pro Rider

Check out the pics on my page, I have the lights all worked out. I am looking to upgrade to a better pipe then I will rejet it. I really do not want to do to much until I get a pipe.l Any ideas are appreciated.

Old 07-28-2004, 06:31 AM
Pro Rider

The setup I am running on my daughters Eton 90 is working well. We are using a Polini pipe like th one in this site. I got it off of e-Bay for less than half of what the web site is asking from the same people who are selling them on the website. It has a good power range from low to hi. I bumped up the main jet two sizes, the pilot jet one size, and the needle jet two slots. I made my own air filter from UNI bulk filter material and installed two UNI air box vents. Next I removed three of the rollers in the primary clutch. All this was done after disabling the rev limter. I still use the oil injector as well and will coninue to do so.

Old 07-28-2004, 11:15 AM
Range Rover

call billy at wrh racing. he just got in 50 pipes and they are nickle plated. these pipes are his design and sold by him only. they are run on quads all over the world. they increase the power level in all rpm ranges. his number is 251-675-9906

Old 07-28-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
I looked at a pipe like that but have been told they rub the chain guard when the rear end is compressed.
If you are refering to the Polini pipe, it would be imposible for it to rub. I even added a chain tensioner between the pipe and swingarm and am not anywhere near rubbing. I'm not trying to sell a pipe, just letting you know what has worked for me. Also, I mean no disrecpect so please don't take it that way either. There is a photo of it mounted on my photo page. It is a quality piece of equipment. I also forgot to mention I did not have to remove the oil tank or the battery box.

Old 07-28-2004, 11:31 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]
Originally posted by: fishslab
forgot to mention I did not have to remove the oil tank or the battery box.
That's why I was looking at it. Maybe the eton doesn't have as much travel. Don't know, but I saw the spot where it rubbed on my model.

Old 07-28-2004, 11:44 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Originally posted by: TechTip101
I am looking for a new exhaust for my son's '03 eton Thunder 90cc. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Also any other upgrades that I may be able to do to his bike are also appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
You ought to bite the bullet and sell the 90,,,and buy one of NWQF's Blasters. That will buy you more time than a piped 90[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-29-2004, 05:55 AM
Pro Rider

Bing that's a good point. The 90 is paid for and I was hoping to get another year out of it. Jake is just between sizes. He may be just a little too small still for the blaster. although he rides very safe and is always focused. I don't have to worry about him getting power crazy.

Old 07-29-2004, 05:56 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I like the way that Polini looks. Does the rear fender get hot?

Quick Reply: I need a pipe for an Eton 90