Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Help Choosing a Youth ATV

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 03:50 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Choosing a Youth ATV

Originally posted by: Quadrancher
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] - Yes I'm an almost 40 y.o. mom that rides- but don't let that fool you - I ride rougher/faster than my husband[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Welcome to the forum Quadrancher[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] There is nothing wrong with 40 year old riding harder and faster then their husbands, Mine does all the time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] As a matter of fact, she scares the crap out of me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]But, I wouldn't have it any other way[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-01-2004, 03:53 AM
Weekend Warrior

Ok- forgot to mention
- electric start w/key (Honda has a pull start) with backup kick (haven't tried it), rear disc breaks, speed restrictor, and 1 yr. warranty- 180 days - all parts. 270 days Engine & Electrical. 365 days engine- covers Parts & labor. If non Kymco dealer then it's just covers the cost of parts.

Price tag for the 90 was $1700 out the door, But, I shopped around most other dealers charge around $2100 + frght & prep.

Old 08-01-2004, 04:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Thanks for the Kudos -

I agree - definitely good family fun! The kids love it and know respect that they need helmets, boots, goggles, pants, and gloves to ride- and NO BIG QUADS-

Just a heads up for those looking for kid's quads:
It's not just a power restriction reason for kids to ride small quads but a weight thing too!

I nearly flipped my Honda 250 today going easy up a small hill and my Recon weighs over 400 POUNDS - YIKES - that has the potential to kill a kid ( or me for that matter).

At one point I had to try to hop off and go around some huge 4whl truck ditches and it took all I had to turn it around on steep grade- however, my daugher just hopped off her 90, grabbed the back end and spun it around. Watch out for Western WA trees- tend to be dense - both in population and matter- ouch!

Old 08-02-2004, 08:15 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

I keep reading about parents that are buying quads that are larger than the guidelines recommends for their young child. I am just wondering how you did that? Especially am interested to find out if the sales person made any mention of the guidelines as they took your money? Seems to me, it may be only the big Japanese companies that are trying to live within the spirit of the Guidelines. With all the places you see them sold now, ( even Pep Boys sells them)... I wonder just how close they are being followed.

On the legal front, many states have adopted them, and more are considering doing so... so if you intend to ride in public areas, you need to make sure you know the local laws...

Don't worry, I am not going to make any phone calls, but I am trying to guage the level of enforcement... in support of changing the guidelines. If you think the guidelines need changing, I urge you to look at the thread I started on this subject and join in with ideas, thoughts etc.