Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Lt80 to keep or trade

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 03:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lt80 to keep or trade

Ok here's the story. We're coming to the end of the racing season and my son has done very good for his 1st season on his lt80. I have added reeds, FMF system (I know [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]) front wheel spacers, rear tires, full works shocks, and modded the clutches. (drilled out front rollers, and lightened rear clutch). But all I hear at all the races is "boy your son rides really good, but don't spend a lot of money on that Lt if he's gonna keep racing." It seems most of the top riders are riding Kasea Skyhawks. From what I can tell the handling does seem to be much better on the Kasea's.

So is anyone else running MX with their Lt's? And is it possible to make the handling competitive? Or should I give up on the Lt and invest in something else?

By the way we're running the 90 Production class, and does anyone know if it's legal to make the Lt longer? They just seem to be so short and narrow that their like a little ball.

thanks!

Old 09-13-2004, 01:43 AM
Pro Rider

Yes surf the threads for lt 80 topics. Plus get ahold of lt80, he will definitly give you some good advice.

Old 09-13-2004, 02:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Well hopefully I will get time to finish my dual a-arm setup. That'll help. And yes longer is legal and will also be part of the a-arm kit I'm planning.
The rules: Stock frame (you can support it) ,stock cases (they can be suppported also) You cannot change the front end geometry.Now what that means (I asked for an official ruling) you cannot change the top shock mounts.
Anything you can BOLT ON is legal. NO welding on of any parts other than the above mentioned supports.

Now onto the "other" options. You will soon be buying someones a-arm kit,plus a swingarm.You will have more$ into the motor and clutch s as you need to buy clutch parts/head/reed cage/carb Then you will go race a well handling machine till it breaks. I refer to Cory Emery in the GNC. He is a great rider, but he breaks the Kasea just as fast as a LT80 will break.
Same but different is how I feel.
There will be no speed improvements over the LT80 with the others IMO.
I just returned from the GNC TT race in Paducah KY. Look at the results at ATVAonline.com. The Suzuki is not dead! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-13-2004, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer

Long live the LT80 -

Thanks for all your help this weekend Jack!