Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Help! TRX90 no spark

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 05:24 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! TRX90 no spark

When the chain popped for the umpteenth time, it took out everything under the cover, engine died, wouldnt restart. At home I pulled the cover, repaired it, but the stator part (blue wire that senses the rotation) the 'pulsor', was damaged and bent, I unbent it, but wouldnt start, so I ordered a new stator. Now I still have no spark. I also have no wire diag. I have 7.74 kilo ohms at the coil, can measure mv at the coil input when pulling the rope, switch on or off, and nothing from the spark plug wire. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Trailblazer

check the wires( i think they are white with a green stripe but can't remember for sure) inside the engine cover on the chain side. make sure they are not broke.
these can get a little brittle and easy to break if bent.
check to make sure they are connected on the end.sometimes hard to see.
check the wiring harness on the same side under the gas tank and follow it both ways.
there is a black boot on the harness around the petcock, check there first, this is usually where people have said they have come unconnected.

are your axle carrier bolts backing out and letting slack in the chain? you have to make sure axle is straight when adjusting tension. if the sprocket is riding just a litttle of center it will loosen those bolts and throw chain.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

How about the Kill switch? My buddy had an issue with his.

Just a hunch.

Old 09-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

The kill switches all check good, I believe was the black wire at the cdi harness. All the wires are there, tight and connected. The two under the cover are good - the pink (lower) is disco at the harness before for the anti rev control, the green (top) is the neutral safety and shows ground in neutral - I believe it should, not sure, but it shows ground in other gears too. I dont have known good coil or cdi to swap - can I rig any coil from another bike to try it?
The chain is non 'o' ring and seems to need adjustment very frequently, thats the only time it throws it, it does seem to be lined up and true. Any one have experience with adding a tensioner?
Thanks, Jay

Old 09-16-2004, 05:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the help - I got it![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The ricky satator had the pink and blue wire reversed in the moulded harness. I pulled the front fenders to expose the wires for real easy access and saw the switch.

Old 09-16-2004, 05:13 PM
Trailblazer

i bought a universal tensioner from james lucky mail order catalog. on the frame behind the footpeg there is a hole a used to mount, just used a bunch of washers to shim it. any good roller unit will work. this one has stopped the chain from flying off more than once

good luck

keith

Old 04-29-2013, 12:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

i Have a question about this as well, my wires got unplugged and im not sure where they all plug into. can anyone help??!

Old 06-26-2013, 07:22 PM
Trailblazer

Yeah what year do you have it should be easy there is only like6 wires

Old 06-28-2013, 04:01 AM
Trailblazer
Default Wiring trx90

Here you go one I made up

Help! TRX90 no spark-image.jpg

Old 06-28-2013, 08:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider