Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yerf Dog needs help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 10:51 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yerf Dog needs help!

I bought a 01 Yerf Dog 90cc ATV for $200 yesterday. This bike is really clean and has a few minor problems. With previous owner not knowing about mechanics it was a real steal. Anyway after getting this thing home and doing my normal once over the only things i could find wrong other than a few loose nuts was clogged air cleaner, starter relay is out, and the front brakes are worn out. I bypassed the starter relay, cleaned air cleaner, new spark plug, and boom were off and running. My son is ready to ride! NOT! I will not let him ride it without front brakes.

So I need new front brakes and a starter relay.....but where do you find these things? I had never heard of Yerf Dog until yesterday! The brakes seem to be about 3.5" drums for the front and disk for the rear.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

thanks

Old 09-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Euby, they are part of the Flexible Flyer Company, (the ones that made the wagons)

try going to yerf-dog.com

they have 2 atv .pdf manuals on their web page that you can save or download hope its the right one, there is also a list of stores that carry their products, so you might be able to order parts from those stores, or try the 888 #

Old 09-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

This group on yahoo is what your looking for. Yerfdog group . I have been a member since it started and I am a moderator. It has a great links section. Ammerican Power Sports is a great supplier of go kart parts. Let me know if I can help and do check into the yahoo group.

Old 09-29-2004, 06:10 PM
Pro Rider

thats what bothers me, id get one ofthese companies, but u dont now how to get parts an service,,, also dont companies usually put the better brakes in front? sometimes i think i could build abetter quad than these guys....

Old 09-30-2004, 10:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks guys but no luck....i called the local companies that were listed on the yerf dog site (fishslab you have two http's on your links). One company told me they had no idea what i was talking about and they other told me they only deal with the go-carts. Is there any online stores that carry these comsumable parts? the starter relay isn't in the manual at all ....so no part numbers to be had. I find it hard to believe there is no where to get brakes for a 3 year old quad.... so can i switch over to another brand? or upgrade?

Old 09-30-2004, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

Got pics? Maybe we can identify an alternate name for the same bike....

Old 09-30-2004, 04:05 PM
sam
Pro Rider

I got a Monsoon ( yerf dog) this is the phone # I used 1-888-926-6554 there in AZ. flexiable flier imports them. I had a relay go out on mine I got one from Radio Shack. but it doesnt mach up I had to use some wire and put some connectors on the wires then plug them in according to the old relay, I caulked the $hit out of the connection and its been fine for over a year now. the breaks I do beleve are no differnt than any other of these tiwan minis. take them off and go to your dealer that sells a simaler style mini ( Bomb,Polaris, Eton ect. and have them order you in some, then you can compare them.

Old 09-30-2004, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: euby
thanks guys but no luck....i called the local companies that were listed on the yerf dog site (fishslab you have two http's on your links).
fixed thanks

Old 11-14-2004, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

My kids have an 02 90cc Yerf Dog. It runs like a champ. I think these Cyclone 90 quads are the re-badged Yerf Dogs. The 90cc is no longer in the line after 2002. Thy this website:

http://www.tjpowersports.com/cyclone.php

Good luck!

Old 11-15-2004, 11:16 AM
"One Wheel Short"
slow day around the orafice I see!

Any good dealership should be able to match up your brake shoes with a set of ebc's. You will have to take a set off the machine to do this. Bill