Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

OH NOOOOO

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 09:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OH NOOOOO

i have a yellow Z400 which is almost bad color wise.

things that don't look good yellow are:
-snow
-teeth
-bananas
-bug guts on my windshield
-post it's
-toe nails
-jaundice
-traffic lights(before it turns red)
-and honda plastic
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default OH NOOOOO

[quote]
Originally posted by: terd
Hey raptorlegs,

Justinsmom (me)started the thread and Daddy responded as you can tell by the following statment. He doesn't like me much...LOL

i like you much....and stop using my terd!

Old 10-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Trailblazer
Default OH NOOOOO

trx90 more to mod?

how much to repair your quad compared to the trx90 your son rides with, so which one is cheaper to fix?

a-arms,wheels,swing-arm,carbs,spacers,nerf bars,tethers,bars,grips,etc.......... about the same as a 2

motor mods same as a 2.

how fast do you want to go determines that.

but which needs more tuning each moto,race,week,trail ride, dunes ride,etc....... and which needs more rebuilds?

so over the life of the the modded quad which is a cheaper one to build-up?

Old 10-26-2004, 11:14 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OH NOOOOO

Originally posted by: 212RACING
so over the life of the the modded quad which is a cheaper one to build-up?

Mine! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default OH NOOOOO

The way I see it, the real story is going to come down to the motor any way you slice it. The two stroke will seem faster, but the 4 stroke will chug though places where you have to really blast the two stroke. If he is comfortable with full throttle banzai blasts to get through some obsticles, then you can go that way, but if he is more cautious, the 4 stoke would be a better choice. I agree that if the tires are aired up, it will appear that it turns better... but that has drawbacks too... that low pressure provides a great deal of your suspension.. and airing them up will make it a pogo stick..

Does anybody make a 90 class machine with disc brakes on it? You also might want to look at that new mini grizzly...

Old 10-26-2004, 11:45 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default OH NOOOOO

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
The way I see it, the real story is going to come down to the motor any way you slice it. The two stroke will seem faster, but the 4 stroke will chug though places where you have to really blast the two stroke. If he is comfortable with full throttle banzai blasts to get through some obsticles, then you can go that way, but if he is more cautious, the 4 stoke would be a better choice. I agree that if the tires are aired up, it will appear that it turns better... but that has drawbacks too... that low pressure provides a great deal of your suspension.. and airing them up will make it a pogo stick..

Does anybody make a 90 class machine with disc brakes on it? You also might want to look at that new mini grizzly...

Aren't the eton's rear a hydraulic disk? Also, Hyosung has a rear mechanical disk.

I think 2-strokes are the perfect match for a cvt. You have that high peak power coupled with the right tranny set-up and they are hard to beat. On the other hand, a thumper has a long power curve that benefits from "normal" gearing. I think they both have their place.

Old 10-26-2004, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.
Default OH NOOOOO

Exactly my point.. you have to keep the revs up on a two stroke in some places that a 4 stroke will just chug through. That takes a certain riding style and skill level to pull off.... and mom and dad are the best judge of that child's ability...

thanks for the updates on the disc setups.

Also, Terd, you have to remember that anything new or different than the slug they own will feel better to a kid... the old grass is greener syndrome right?

Old 10-26-2004, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default OH NOOOOO

that was my point.

no matter which way you go, it's gonna cost you.
2 or 4 you pay.
i know what the 2 dads paid that my son races against as well they know i have $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and i am telling ya the difference won't get you much at mickey d's, with that i'm off to get me some early lunch.

Old 10-26-2004, 12:38 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Default OH NOOOOO

Originally posted by: 212RACING
no matter which way you go, it's gonna cost you....and i am telling ya the difference won't get you much at mickey d's, with that i'm off to get me some early lunch.

I don't know 212 racing, you pay twice new for the Honda as you can some of these minis. If you are going to strip the quad and build it up for racing, I don't see why it matters if it's a Honda, Predator or a Sunray.

Old 10-26-2004, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default OH NOOOOO

good point

thats why i bought a used one.

Quick Reply: OH NOOOOO