Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Grizzly (Breeze) 125 hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grizzly (Breeze) 125 hesitation

Thunderbolt, I will go and check on the one I'm thinking about buying also. I hope I will have some time this weekend to check it out.

Old 11-10-2004, 11:18 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
Thunderbolt, I will go and check on the one I'm thinking about buying also. I hope I will have some time this weekend to check it out.

Thanks!

Old 11-10-2004, 01:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say absolutely/definitely they have to honor the problem if it was brought to their attention while under warranty, they NEVER fixed it after 3 attempts (but instead tried to sweep it under the rug with dumba$$ BS excuses that only demonstrated their stupidity and incompetence). If they raise any question about it being a non-warranty issue, I'd get Yamaha involved immediately. The dealer doesn't want Yamaha on their case.

Don't they have any other mini-Grizz's or Breeze's that you can test their theory on? Just raise the rear on a milk crate and test it, see if their reasoning holds water.

Old 11-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Pro Rider

The ones they have right now are still in the crate so I can't run it. I am not sure if they would do it anyway.

Old 11-15-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

I tried it on our Breeze. If I jump on the throttle and push it super quick, like in a snap/split second, and hold it wide open, it will stall and die. It's almost hard to make it happen. If i push it sorta quick, or over the span of one second, it doesn't stall out and it accelerates. I think anything will stall if i push the throttle so quick that it doesn't have a chance to react. when i first tried it, i thought i pushed it wide open, fairly quick, and it never stalled, it picked up speed and shot off with good acceleration. I tried it several times, and i really had to push it open in a quick snap to make it stall. It really didn't concern me, because it seems to run perfectly normal and i can push the throttle wide open in a normal, even quick manner, just not in the blink of an eye quick. does my description make sense?

Old 11-15-2004, 03:34 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: nedflanders
I tried it on our Breeze. If I jump on the throttle and push it super quick, like in a snap/split second, and hold it wide open, it will stall and die. It's almost hard to make it happen. If i push it sorta quick, or over the span of one second, it doesn't stall out and it accelerates. I think anything will stall if i push the throttle so quick that it doesn't have a chance to react. when i first tried it, i thought i pushed it wide open, fairly quick, and it never stalled, it picked up speed and shot off with good acceleration. I tried it several times, and i really had to push it open in a quick snap to make it stall. It really didn't concern me, because it seems to run perfectly normal and i can push the throttle wide open in a normal, even quick manner, just not in the blink of an eye quick. does my description make sense?

It makes perfect sense to me. That is exactly what mine does so I can now believe it is normal and live with it. It really doesn't bother me much, But if it was something wrong I wanted to get it fixed. Thanks for checking for me !!

Old 11-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Pro Rider

I was wondering if it has one of those wonderful safty features like Suki uses on there kids quads. I bought a LT50 once and took it back to the dealer the next day for a refund to later to find out from another dealer there is a plug in the exhaust to make them slower for smaller less experinced riders. I bought another one and had the dealer remove the plug befor I took it home this time. That 1st one was awfull it would not even go in the grass in the back yard and would not hardly start either. I wonder if there is something like that on your little grizz to keep kids from over doing it.

Old 11-15-2004, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cc1999
I was wondering if it has one of those wonderful safty features like Suki uses on there kids quads. I bought a LT50 once and took it back to the dealer the next day for a refund to later to find out from another dealer there is a plug in the exhaust to make them slower for smaller less experinced riders. I bought another one and had the dealer remove the plug befor I took it home this time. That 1st one was awfull it would not even go in the grass in the back yard and would not hardly start either. I wonder if there is something like that on your little grizz to keep kids from over doing it.

There is nothing like that on the Grizz. Since it is a 125cc it is technically for riders 16 and older just like the fullsize utilities. It would have to be one small 16 year old to ride it all the time. I ride it and it is actually quite fun, But for an adult it is quite small even though it is considerably larger than a 90cc.

Old 11-16-2004, 12:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

My grizz 125 does the same thing. I also notice I can't hardly climb over a log or something like that and goose it without it wanting to kill afterwords. I'm thinking of doing some sprocket changes to give it more low end. Since most of the riding we do is over rough terrain, the need for speed is that important.

Has anyone ever changed sprockets or done anything to give these things a little more bottom end boost?

Old 11-16-2004, 12:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

Oh, I almost forgot. My buddies kid has a breeze 125 and it performs the same way. His other kid has a suzi 80 and it's got power up the wazzu (but it's a 2 stroke).

Quick Reply: Grizzly (Breeze) 125 hesitation