Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

twister hammerhead II paint problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead II paint problems

I have had my hammerhead six moths now and almost all the paint is peeling off. The dealer said the green one do that. Has anyone else had this problem?
Also I would like to hear about anyone who has changed out the motor for a larger one.

Old 11-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Sorry to hear about your paint problems.

There is a guy putting larger engines in these here: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/...rsports_karts/

Some talk of him making a "kit" to make it a bit easier.

Chinese knock offs of the 13 hp honda industrial engines can be had pretty easily.

The way he did it, he lost reverse, however. Looks like he gained lots of torque though if you look at the videos.

-Steve

Old 11-16-2004, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

TJpowersports is the company that deals with the place I bought the kart from. There are the one's that don't want to fix the problem or just give me 200 to repaint it.

Old 11-16-2004, 11:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry my bad, I just joined the group and he states , not part of JTPOWERSPORTS.com

Old 11-23-2004, 07:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Are you saying that TJPower Sports will pay to have it repainted?

Old 11-27-2004, 09:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

I'm still waiting to hear from them (TJPOWERSPORTS.com). It was under warranty, so I still waiting. The dealer I purchased the twister from, has the kart in thier shop now for two weeks waiting on a rev cable. I spoke to TJPOWERSPORTS a week ago and they said since it was under warranty they would do something for me. However I have not heard anything from them.
I givng them till monday, before I make any comment. I really want to see how they handle this. I don't make recommendations for a product until I know everthing. I do have a good start on a list of things. I would even say I like to set up a dealership, but I waiting to see how the company works with their customers.

Old 11-28-2004, 01:50 PM
Weekend Warrior

Get back to me on how you make out because I too have a green one and it too is starting to chip. thanks

Old 11-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

Here's the deal, they are going to pay me $300.00 for the paint, but I have to do it or pay someone. I got a few estimate $400.00 plus depending on the paint. The kart will have to be totally dis-assembled and sand blasted to remove the rust. Then primed and painted then reassembled. Also the rev cable is bad in the 04s. If you have not had any problems, you will. Most of the time it's after the warranty. When I called the tjpowersports back today, they told me that they don't talk to customers, I would have to call the dealer. Then I asked if the dealer had ordered the cable since it had been two weeks since I took it in. I was told that all the request for cables were after the warranty's and the customer would have to pay for it. The dealer said he has had the same problems with them as I had. Little or no response. TJpowersports, has "NO" customer service, and America is just a dumpping ground for them. The Hammerhead could be a great product, but I would not buy another. The engine is now starting to show signs of smoke. I have owned this model for 6 months, changed the oil three times. The motor has issue as well that don't show up until after the warranty. I guess I got lucky on the paint. As for the rest the dealer said he would cover it. But with the motor I on my own.
The person that runs TJPOWERSPORTs is the son of the person who owns the company that makes these karts. I just wish there was another source. I really don't think they will be around long, so if you have the chance, sell it and buy an ATV from somewhere other than China.

Good Luck, but calling TJPOWERSPORTS will not help.

Old 11-29-2004, 03:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fixitforgood
Here's the deal, they are going to pay me $300.00 for the paint, but I have to do it or pay someone. I got a few estimate $400.00 plus depending on the paint. The kart will have to be totally dis-assembled and sand blasted to remove the rust. Then primed and painted then reassembled. Also the rev cable is bad in the 04s. If you have not had any problems, you will. Most of the time it's after the warranty. When I called the tjpowersports back today, they told me that they don't talk to customers, I would have to call the dealer. Then I asked if the dealer had ordered the cable since it had been two weeks since I took it in. I was told that all the request for cables were after the warranty's and the customer would have to pay for it. The dealer said he has had the same problems with them as I had. Little or no response. TJpowersports, has "NO" customer service, and America is just a dumpping ground for them. The Hammerhead could be a great product, but I would not buy another. The engine is now starting to show signs of smoke. I have owned this model for 6 months, changed the oil three times. The motor has issue as well that don't show up until after the warranty. I guess I got lucky on the paint. As for the rest the dealer said he would cover it. But with the motor I on my own.
The person that runs TJPOWERSPORTs is the son of the person who owns the company that makes these karts. I just wish there was another source. I really don't think they will be around long, so if you have the chance, sell it and buy an ATV from somewhere other than China.

Good Luck, but calling TJPOWERSPORTS will not help.

For the heck of it, check your air filter, and the inlet betweek the head and the filter. People have seen dirt getting past the filter and many have replaced the air filter with a K&N right off the bat to avoid this. Suspected to be the source of early engine failure or valve guide wearing which is causing smoke for some people. If you see dirt past the filter, you can be sure it was getting into the engine and doing damage.

At least they agreed to be some help with the paint. But I agree, they need to be more helpful and responsive from what I have heard from a few posters on the boards.

On the up side, they seem interested on improving their products. The twister is said to be coming out with a stronger engine in late december, and I haven't seen any reports of newer cables breaking, etc.

Old 11-29-2004, 04:16 PM
Range Rover

Could you please tell me where the cable is breaking. I don't know if you read on the other post, but I would like to know before it happens. What do I need to look for, is the cable breaking or the housing? Is it right before the noodle that curves into the reverse assembly?

any help appreciated,
thanks

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead II paint problems