Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

which cart to buy

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2004, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which cart to buy

Time to upgrade.Looking to buy a cart in the $2000-$3000 range.Off road use only.for mt two kids(13&15 yrs old) and of course I'll play too.I've got some steep hills and rough terrain.Drove a carter Talon but seemed slow on take off.Do you guys have any ideas?I'm new here.SGB: What do you think about the CARTER XTV or the DAZON Raider Max 175 double?

Old 12-08-2004, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

I can tell you the Carter XTV is stronger. It has good low end, and a fast top speed. It kicks the chinese carts in top speed for sure. The Talon, dazon, and twister carts may advertise up to 40mph, but they never make it. Many people report 31 to 34 mph max speed. The XTV actually makes it to 40, and does a good job getting there too. Disadvantages to the XTV are that it's steering is more Go-Kart like... in other words you have to gun it to get the rear end to swing around and turn sharply. Also, the suspension is stiff, and seems to absorb the bumps less. It's a great cart, but it lacks the great suspension found on the chinese carts.

Keep an eye on developments at www.bladepowersports.com They are boasting a high top speed (usually not met on the chinese carts, but maybe these will be different) Looks similar to a dazon, but I'm told the engine is different. Not a lot of info yet... I'd look for reviews very soon here on the board. They look to be a really good value.

-Steve

Old 12-12-2004, 10:12 AM
Weekend Warrior

Three of us here in southeast Kansas each bought a Twister Hammerhead and are well satisfied. We studied the forums and listened to everyone's comments before reaching a decision on which of the Chinese karts to buy. It sounded like the Dazon was the fastest but the Twister was the best looking. Some of the things that sold us on the Twister were the larger tire sizes, aluminum wheels, greater ground clearance, redesigned reverse gearbox and snorkel air intake. The fenders seem like a must. I still get some mud but without fenders you would be covered. The rear view mirror is actually quite handy as you can see the riders behind you. I haven't had much need for turn signals or horn yet and it seems it would be just as quick to turn the key off as to push the kill button. There is a 12 volt accessory outlet and we have been considering mounting a small winch so perhaps it will come in handy for something. The trailer hitch, though I hav'nt used it yet, I probably will to move my boat around or maybe a small trailer around the yard. We have the 2005 models and we have ridden some atv trails and have yet to run out of power. We have not tried doing this with a passenger. I have some pretty steep hills in my yard that I have taken my wife up without any problem. I'm not sure about the top speed as we are still in the break in period. I'm sure they will be fast enough to suit us, however. There are no other karts in this area that we know of to make comparisons with. We are hoping that these carts will gain in popularity. It seems that a lot of guys that have the karts and four wheelers enjoy the karts more. As far as warranty work, we only had three minor details, a missing decal, missing reflector and seat belt that didn't latch, the dealer ordered the parts on Tuesday and had the parts and repairs done on Friday-no charge.

Old 12-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

The blades now have all of these things (trying to remember if 12v accessory thingy was there) and more at a lower price (or equal if you can get a really good deal on a hammerhead). Speedometer is included, as well as removable roof, and full bar padding. There is a much higher advertised speed, but we need to wait on actual measurements to confirm that they are in fact faster.

Twister is supposed to have major engine change sometime this month that may throw the ball more in their court. It is said to make them much faster by a representative of TJ. Not sure if the blades have this already or not... or other changes that are making them faster.

Unless someone is in a real hurry right now, it may be good to wait and watch over the next few months and see what happens. A lot going on in these things right now.

Old 12-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

The new 2005 Twisters have the problems worked out . The rev gear has been changed and the air intake has been changed. They are now putting primer under the paint so it doesn't (as in mine ) peal off. As for the prower, well I think it should have more. I have a hill that takes all of the motor just to climb. Other ATVs just fly up it. I'm looking to replace the moter with at least a 20 HP. But for now it will be ok. As far as warranty work, get it done AS SOON AS Possible. There isn't much customer service other than the dealer. And I glad some people can get replacment parts, it took me three weeks for a rev cable.
I done know much about the Carter Karts, but along with fast, I would want a good low end for climbing.

Old 12-12-2004, 02:31 PM
Pro Rider

I wasn't talking about the carter carts, although their XTV is both fast and powerful. I am talking about the new Blade carts that are coming out now. They have tons of features for the $$ Still have to hear back from users about the speed though.

www.bladepowersports.com

Old 12-16-2004, 09:42 AM
Weekend Warrior

I ended up getting a carter talon,Looks the same as a twister..$200 cheaper.I'll let you know how it works out.Any body with one of these?

Old 12-16-2004, 09:59 AM
Range Rover

The carter is exactly like the twister with only minor appearance changes on the front.

If I was going to buy another I would definetly go with the carter over the twister, around here they are $500 cheaper. good luck, I think you will enjoy it!

Old 12-16-2004, 10:01 AM
Pro Rider

I think I want 1 of each, they all look like a hoot to drive.

Old 12-16-2004, 10:45 AM
Pro Rider

They are a blast!