Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

WHAT MINI'S YOU GOT YOUR KIDS FOR CHRISTMAS!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHAT MINI'S YOU GOT YOUR KIDS FOR CHRISTMAS!

Wow! These are all great stories.....Nothing like the look on a kid's face when you suprise em with a quad or bike on Christmas.....

Old 01-04-2005, 07:15 PM
Trailblazer

Santa brought Mike Jr.(3) a PW50 (I think he went into shock) and a Maier Headlight for Katey's LT80. Works Great!!!

Old 01-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Trailblazer

Santa brought our 3 year old son a LT50 for Christmas, really cool little machine. It fit through the front door, so we were able to put it next to the tree. His face lit up when he opened it, smiled from ear to ear, and wouldn't get off of it for about 10 minutes. He wasn't interested in any of his other packages any more. He's 41" tall, and it's just the right size. I tought him how to use the throttle and the brakes in the livingroom, and he learned real quick. I had him out about 3 days after Christmas and he's doing real good on it.
I've been running off the Christmas cookies ever since, while I run behind him with the lanyard kill switch. (It was a bit too short, but I attached a dog lead to it to add an extra 5' or so.) It's turned down pretty far, I have to push him up any inclines, but on the flat, and downhill it gives dad quite the workout. -Kinda two-fold, sons happy, and dad's getting in shape.

Happy New Year everybody.

Old 01-04-2005, 10:12 PM
Range Rover

It sounds like you guys did good for your kids on Christmas.
Way to go!!
All I have to say is lucky KIDS!!!

Old 01-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: defcon5
It sounds like you guys did good for your kids on Christmas.
Way to go!!
All I have to say is lucky KIDS!!!
defcon, you are so right about the kids being lucky[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]wish I was[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] when I was growing up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] But, hey, I do try to let my kids have a little bit more[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] then I did, as a kid.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

My oldest son, who is now 23 got a Yamaha YZ125 one year.. I had it out back, and he pushed and pulled that thing up 15 steps so he could take a picture of it under the tree. He managed to ruin the carpet on that one though.... a couple years ago, we bought our youngest who is now 9 a raptor 80, no way I was going to carry that up the same 15 stairs, so I covered it an left it in the bed of my pickup. We took him out Christmas day for a ride at the local train station's parking lot... he had a ball, but ended up scaring himself a little. Still his smile was precious.

I keep waiting for Santa to have that special gift under the tree.. Unfortunately, I think I keep ending up on the naughty list, and get a bag of coal every year.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:46 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

The kids are what it is all about... That is what makes ATV's such a neat deal. Not like most sports where the parents turn out to be cheerleaders, we actually can get out there and participate WITH them. I just wonder how many of us would still be riding if it weren't for our children?

Old 01-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Quad Patrol

My wife wouldn't let me bring the quad into the living room and put it under the tree[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]otherwise, I would of[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So, it went out on the back patio and was the last thing my daughter received[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We coaxed her out there when the dogs went out for the morning.

DB, I might be riding, but it wouldn't be as fun. And the experience the kids are learning about is immeasureable; responsibility, ethics, learning that having fun can be had, without breaking the laws[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] hands on mechanically, how a engine works and what needs to be done to have it continue to run. I think all these things will benefit them, when they are older and driving a car.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MD, yer teachin 'em all that? i thot that's what you were for... fixin', tunin', etc...

Old 01-06-2005, 02:24 AM
Quad Patrol

Yea, I teaching them little by little[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I keep telling my oldest, "her husbands going to hate me" cause I hear her in my head saying "That''s not how my daddy does it"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: WHAT MINI'S YOU GOT YOUR KIDS FOR CHRISTMAS!