Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

"Need some help guys"

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 01:07 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Need some help guys"

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
You know I learned a while back in my younger days, never to mess with a man's car, or his wife, or talk about his mother or religion... I think I will add hockey to that list... (Insert many smiles)

DB
I agree with you, other then, the Hockey part[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] If we're talking about hockey to the Confused one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] it's fair game[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]From what I've learned about him on the boards is: He's one tough cookie[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2005, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

Hey rescuediver, how is the fourtrax 70 as far as power goes? Also does it have suspension?

Old 01-06-2005, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: quadduck
Sorry for getting off the subject. I think size wise lt 160 and turn in the throttle screw. Or honda 90
yep, sorry for the rants and being off topic. i still think nothing bigger than a 125 Breeze (fully automatic), and see Dragginbutts post again cuz there were a lot of good points.

Old 01-06-2005, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider

Not that I am trying to argue but I don't see the 160 as being to much as long as you supervise and govern the throttle.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:31 AM
Quad Patrol

Hey rescuediver, how is the fourtrax 70 as far as power goes? Also does it have suspension?
quad, I think the Honda 70 has ample power for it's side[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It hauls my butt around at a good clip[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Helps the kids learn how to shift. We've had it about 5-6 years now. In the beginning, put it in 2nd gear and and let them go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] One day the wife and I took it out into the dunes at Pismo. It wouldn't take us up really tall faces, but it definately was fun[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Now, I'm debating on keeping it or getting rid of it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] seeing the youngest just got a Raptor 80.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

oh sure, i've heard about the fiesty nature of you Rochester, WA guys! always lookin for a fight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I just think the 160 is a great 2nd or 3rd quad for a young rider(hey, i got one now), but is too much for learning for a 9 y/o that's never ridden anything. I think if you have learned on the 160, you'll be a better rider for it, having learned to gear up and down, and to handle the power. but i watched a 7 y/o ride for the first time on a fully governed LT80, and we was very shaky, lacking confidence. he improved thru-out the day. but i can't see him making the jump for at least another 20-50 hours of use. for me, i've bought and sold used all the time, so they've pretty well been break even situations. I guess i assume everyone else will do the same. But i guess i could agree with you if the parent is buying new, and is willing to put in tons of training hours befroe the child figures out the proper operation of a 5-spd quad with that kinda power. eventually, they will figure it out, if they haven't scared the bejeezus out of themselves first. I also know kids like the feeling of being as big as, or bigger than, the machine. I took our 7 y/o from an '84 LT50 to a Honda 90. Ohhhhh he was mad. He loved the way he could dominate that dangerous little death-mobile (50). now he's on the Rap 80, and i think he's finally forgiven me.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:33 AM
Quad Patrol

Not that I am trying to argue but I don't see the 160 as being to much as long as you supervise and govern the throttle.
I don't know quad, I have to agree with Confused, The 160 is considerably bigger, then the 125 and if it rolled on a child, it might be too heavy to remove themselves[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-06-2005, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

I think that if you have a mini and its a 4 stroke its definatly a good idea to have it a shifter and not a auto.

Old 01-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Pro Rider

what don't you like about 4-stroke in an auto? i thot the Breeze has been pretty reliable/bullet-proof for yamaha. but i do like the hold back you get on downhill way better in 1st gear on the 160 vs. the Breeze's auto. other than that, I can't think of anything negative. top speed is almost 40mph, which is plenty fast for my kids on the rough roads we ride (it's rarely at that speed).

Old 01-06-2005, 02:41 AM
Quad Patrol

Confused, Again, I agree with you on your posts[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Did I just say I agreed with you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I must take my temperature[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

My brother just bought a Suzuki 250. He says it's for his oldest boys (11 and 13)who have ridden my smaller quads once. He is to cheap to buy a smaller quad and have them learn the safe way. Anyways, when we went to Pismo last week, he scared the hell out of them on it. They've never operated a clutch before and the size was overwelming for them. His oldest didn't ride at all and his second son (11 years old) ended up riding our 160 after I put it in 2nd gear and told him to not shift at all. He rode it around camp and had a smile the whole time. I think parents tend to buy TOO big for their kids and ruin the fun that this sport is suppose to be.