Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Arctic Cat 90 Starting and Fuel Problem "Solved"

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 10:48 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arctic Act 90 Starting and Fuel Problem Solved

There was a thread earlier about this problem so I thought I would share what I found on mine.

The first problem that had me a little baffled was the fuel lines to the shut off valve were swapped. This is why it wouldn't run at times when it was in the reserve position. When it was hard starting and the tank was low I would switch it to reserve then there was no way it would start because it was being fed from the main hose.

The hard starting problem was a partially plugged fuel filter. It has a small inline filter that is hidden under the plastic. I was surprised to find this because it is only a couple of months old. I have been dealing with the hard staring problem since it was almost new. With the new fuel filter it start like a champ! By the way, there is no mention of the fuel filter in either the owners manual or the service manual.

Doug

Old 01-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Arctic Cat 90 Starting and Fuel Problem "Solved"

dougmac,

Thanks for sharing your resolution. Finding the swapped gas lines must have really peed you off. They are suppose to be assembled by experienced techies.

We've got an inline gas filter on our Pre-90 as well. The next time I have some change in my pocket, I should purchase an inline gas filter as well. Proactive maintenace thing that many people (including myself) forget to change. Thanks for the reminder about our 2 year inline fuel filter.