Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

retro fitted reverse on a 150cc Yamoto

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2005, 12:17 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retro fitted reverse on a 150cc Yamoto

I was looking at some other brands on E-bay, that look like the yamoto, that now have reverse. I can see that the reverse is located at the axle, NOT the tranny. much like the older LT160 reverse. Has anyone attempted to retro fit a yamoto with this type reverse? If someone can get the parts for me CHEAP, from redcat or what ever, I will be the geunea pig. Let me know, I would love to fit mine with reverse, I am too old for pullin, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 01-29-2005, 01:31 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: SNSGRAPHICS
I was looking at some other brands on E-bay, that look like the yamoto, that now have reverse. I can see that the reverse is located at the axle, NOT the tranny. much like the older LT160 reverse. Has anyone attempted to retro fit a yamoto with this type reverse? If someone can get the parts for me CHEAP, from redcat or what ever, I will be the geunea pig. Let me know, I would love to fit mine with reverse, I am too old for pullin, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Never even thought about it, which brands on ebay did you look at? I am my wifes reverse, thankfully the ktm has a kick stand. This sounds interesting though and may concider it myself. I have modified a lot of it already.

Old 01-29-2005, 01:48 PM
Trailblazer

I am not sure what brand it is, I just searched "150cc" and looked at what came up, but there was a picture of the rear that made me think of it, let me know what you find? Thanks

Old 01-29-2005, 02:05 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

This was the only one I could find with the same style engine as the yamoto. is this what you saw? It is interesting looking, I am struggling with how it would work though. Wonder if you could just buy everything from the swing arm back?

Old 01-29-2005, 06:58 PM
Trailblazer

That is the same one I was looking at, what do you think? I think it could work. Alo, this 150 seem very sluggish to start, like trying to pop a wheelie, or is that not possible? Thanks

Old 01-29-2005, 07:33 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: SNSGRAPHICS
That is the same one I was looking at, what do you think? I think it could work. Also, this 150 seem very sluggish to start, like trying to pop a wheelie, or is that not possible? Thanks
It looks possible but like I say you would need everything from the swingarm back except tires. Plus you would need the cable and what ever actuates it, lever etc... I have never tried to do a wheelie on my wifes quad and she never will. Cant imagine it would. I have read about some guys here having good luck with belt dressing. They say it gives better acceleration but dont think they said anything about wheelies. I have made a few mods to my wifes yamoto, Look here

Old 01-30-2005, 08:34 AM
Trailblazer

mywifesquad - Your wife has the same reverse setup my wife does.

Old 01-30-2005, 08:37 AM
Trailblazer

You can get the front end up, but it takes alot of muscle.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:51 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: Buford77
mywifesquad - Your wife has the same reverse setup my wife does.
My wife is happy with it, how about your's? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-31-2005, 11:14 AM
Trailblazer

Sometimes I think she may want it to respond faster, but she seems pleased by its performance.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: retro fitted reverse on a 150cc Yamoto