Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma vs Redcat

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 03:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma vs Redcat

Anybody know the difference between Kazuma and Redcat ATV's? Specifically the 150's. Appear to be the same but have found some different dimensions between the two on internet with Redcat usually appearing to be the smaller. Looking for the smallest overall package in a 150 for my daughter, for a good sand/dune quad. I was looking hard at the Yamoto 150 but realized Redcat (Kazuma?) was cheaper and w/reverse and better suspension. Any experiences / recommendations with these quads would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 02-03-2005, 05:03 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma vs Redcat

I can tell you that the difference in the 150s are purely cosmetic, stickers (or lack thereof). The RedCat has a better warranty than the Kazuma because more parts are covered.

Both are made at the same factory.

I haven't measured the ATVs to figure out whose specs are right yet.

Old 02-04-2005, 10:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma vs Redcat

The only real difference between Redcat and Kazuma are the company name and what they call the bikes, Other than that they are the exact same product.

Old 02-04-2005, 03:39 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma vs Redcat

All of these UTMs out of China use the same Loncin engines (Honda clones) and sub frames I believe. These engines are great and they'll last forever if you maintain them. The suspension parts are different and features such as reverse and a rear tail light. I would recommend the Kazuma or Redcat over Yamoto though. The suspension just looks much better on the Kazuma compared to my Yamoto 150. I also noticed double A-arms on the Kazuma compared to the singles on the Yamoto. I actually switched out a LT160 rear shock on mine and that makes a big difference. I was even going to try and put one of my spare Raptor 660 front shocks on the rear and see how it handles. It's a good 3-4 inches longer so it may be too jacked up in the rear if I do that. The LT160 shock makes a big difference in the travel, cushion when going over bumps. The stock shocks on these Yamotos are stiff and HORRIBLE, they're junk! I think Yamoto has the best warranty (6 mo's parts), no questions. They need to eventually cover labor but there just isn't any certified mechanics to work on these. You would have to coax somebody to do major work on these Taiwainese machines. So you have to commit to working on these yourself if you plan on buying one. They're simple and straight forward though.

Old 02-04-2005, 04:50 PM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma vs Redcat

I wonder if the lt160 shock will fit on the redcat fx150?

Old 02-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma vs Redcat

fitting a shock is the easiest thing you will do. almost any aftermarket shock will do.

Old 02-04-2005, 09:17 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma vs Redcat

Yeah, 2 bolts, top & bottom. Unscrew and put the new one on. On a scale from 1-10? How bout a 0.25? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-04-2005, 09:18 PM
Trailblazer
Default Kazuma vs Redcat

Originally posted by: chubbysdad
I wonder if the lt160 shock will fit on the redcat fx150?
Yes, it'll fit....

Old 02-04-2005, 10:29 PM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma vs Redcat

thank you

Old 02-05-2005, 02:24 AM
Range Rover
Default Kazuma vs Redcat

Thanks for the input so far. Yea, I agree on the suspension, the double a-arm, and the MKII being even wider, I would think result in a much better ride and better handling. As far as warranty repair I can handle working on one if I have to, Im hoping I wont with a new machine, but I understand thats part of the risk when paying half what the big 4 want for less bike. For purely recreational riding they seem like a good buy.

Quick Reply: Kazuma vs Redcat