Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Blade seats for Talon

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2005, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade seats for Talon

Can I put Blade seats in my Carter Talon? I would like more of a racing style seat.

Old 02-08-2005, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

You would have to come up with a new attachement methode, I believe. I have both the KPX Xterro, and the Blade. I'll take a look, but I don't think they are compatible directly.

-Steve

Old 02-08-2005, 02:56 AM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for all the help. thats what makes these forums great..

Old 02-08-2005, 11:45 AM
Range Rover

Steve, could you please review these awesome looking seats.

are they more comfortable? are they larger or are they more cramped, padded more or less?

seat belts still the same?

thanks
Kell

Old 02-08-2005, 12:20 PM
Pro Rider

The Seats on the Blade are great. We love them. The only thing more cramped about them, in my opinion, is the fact that the Blade itself is more narrow than an Xterro/Talon/Twister. The quality of the seats is great, they have good padding, and appear very well constructed. The material used is a type of vinyl, like in 70's cars so it sheds water well and is easy to clean.

Both of my seats in the blade are individually adjustable for leg length... they both more forward and back on tracks.

I wish the Blade was wider so that we could have the full seat instead of the type with one of the lateral supports missing. Some of the carts out there have the full seat

Old 02-08-2005, 12:24 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey Steve, you live in westerly ri? Man I love that town. I go there just about every summer for the past 5 years. I love the beaches up there..

Old 02-08-2005, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

It's a great town! Been here for 7 years.

I kept meeting girls from Westerly even though I lived in entirely different parts of the state.

So I gave up and moved here.

Something must be in the water.

Personally I like Narragansett/South Kingstown a little better. I feel more at home there.

You should take the 20 minute trip to Narragansett and check those beaches out too!!

Old 02-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

my talon has a full bench type seat. I think it would be hard to get into with single seats now that i think about it. It is narrower then my yerf. But it definetly has more head room. Do you guy were a helmet when you ride?

Old 02-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider

The Talon is definately bigger than the Blade/Dazon frame. Blade/Dazon is the smallest of the two seaters that I have seen.
Much smaller than my Xterro which is very similar to your Talon.

I wear a helmet for woods, or other areas where debris or branches are an issue. If I'm out in the open, I don't worry about it.

-Steve

Old 02-08-2005, 05:31 PM
Range Rover

Even at the off road parks you are not required to wear a helmet (because of rollbar), I do put my son in a good skateboard style helmet. I tried a lightweight moto helmet with the neck collar support but I think that was still too heavy. You have to keep in mind there is a lot of weight there for a little neck, the main danger is for him to bump his head on the rollbar if we flipped or something. I wear a helmet also in an off road park, however if just riding in creek etc. no helmets. (obvious in my pictures)

I sat in the Talon bench seat and it seemed just as good as my buckets, probably lighter too. It's not something you think about when you are riding except a little more padding would be nice. I would not hesitate to buy a cart with a bench seat, especially if it was cheaper. Those new seats sure would look cool while its sitting in the garage though!

kell

Quick Reply: Blade seats for Talon