Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

California Red sticker and Kazuma 150

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 10:45 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Red sticker and Kazuma 150

I was worried about the red sticker also, but took it to DMV and the issued me a green sticker.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:08 PM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: tintsem
I was worried about the red sticker also, but took it to DMV and the issued me a green sticker.
tintsem, you didn't mention what bike you have, that was issued a green sticker.

And, Welcome to the forum[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2005, 01:24 PM
Range Rover

Get this...

You could always pick up a nice 85'-86' ATC250R.. They are fairly inexpensive.

Parts are EVERYWHERE!

And - best of all - GREEN STICKER.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:06 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally posted by: tintsem
Welcome to the forum tintsem, Just curious if you went to the Turlock DMV? Also wonder, like RD, what quad you got?

Old 03-01-2005, 11:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry about that. The quad is a yamoto 150. I registered this one in Turlock. We also have a 110cc and we went round and round with turlock over that one, so we took it Los Banos and they just checked the vin and issued a green sticker without any problems.

Old 03-02-2005, 04:10 AM
Quad Patrol

Thanks tintsem, Out of curiosity[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] what year is it and is, the 8th digit a "C" or a "3"? What was the problem with Turlock DMV? Reason why I'm asking is, I'm trying to educate myself on this screwed up red/green sticker crap[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2005, 01:06 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

I am thinking that if some one wants to register a yamoto 150 in ca and get a green sticker. Take it to Turlock, I know a couple people who have had success there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

fireride, turlock is approx 2.5-3hrs north of you on hiway 99, just a thought. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

RD, just for your investigation purposes, my wifes yamoto is a '04. Bought in 4-04.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

One more for the record:

Yamoto 110 atv, Riverside CA DMV = Green sticker. But they made me bring the quad there so they can get the engine serial number.

I'm wondering if the only reason that yamotos get green stickers is that the DMV uses three letters on the title docs. So Yamoto gets "YAM", is the computer thinking that these are YAMAHAs???

Whatever it is, the green sticker is the way to go!

Now how do I get my pitbike (ICON 90X) to get green???

later,

Reflexx.

Old 03-03-2005, 12:44 AM
Quad Patrol

MWQ and Reflexx, Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I take it your 8th digit is a "3" or a "C"?

Also, my understanding is, dmv's computer is "SUPPOSE" to "flag" the red sticker bikes. It was to be automated in 2003[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]And, everyone I've talked to at dmv are all on the same page. But, after reading your last post about Turlock MWQ, it doesn't seem like it. And, I am not complaining[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-03-2005, 08:01 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!

Originally posted by: rescuediver
MWQ and Reflexx, Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I take it your 8th digit is a "3" or a "C"?

Also, my understanding is, dmv's computer is "SUPPOSE" to "flag" the red sticker bikes. It was to be automated in 2003[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]And, everyone I've talked to at dmv are all on the same page. But, after reading your last post about Turlock MWQ, it doesn't seem like it. And, I am not complaining[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
The DMV is about as consistant as the IRS, different office, different answers. I have actually seen a CR500R with street plates, it was about 8yrs ago. i followed the guy and was basically told that it was a out of state honda and he tried to get street tags as a dare. Next thing he knows he is getting issued a plate, he said the toughest part was getting street insurance for it. The insurance companies knew it wasnt supposed to be on the street but the dmv didnt. It is all nonsense in my book though, i mean cmon can a dirt bike/quad actually affect pollution levels?? Give me a break. I would bet that one 747 taking off from SFO wolud easilly spew more pollution into the air than if you started all the dirt bikes/quads in ca at once and ran them for an hour. Just my thoughts.

Quick Reply: California Red sticker and Kazuma 150