Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

LT80 / SLUG

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT80 / SLUG

What make is that plug? NGK?

Originally posted by: LT80
White plastic piece eh?! It used to be brass.
I learn something new everyday. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Hard to believe a 2002 still has the restrictors in it, but ya never know.
Lets step ahead.,, If the restrictors are removed, clean the carb. Remove both jets and clean well. The more I think on this, the more I feel it's in the carb.

Spark plug:: B8HIX...get ready, they are 12 bucks but last forever.
Spark plug cap..NGK# TB05EMA.. The spark plug caps are scrap on these Machines.You will be riding along and it'll quit. You will find the spark plug cap has blew off.The cap mentioned utilizes the screw on piece on the top of the plug. No matter what, I tend to put a piece of duct tape on to make sure it never comes off (I call it my 2 cent insurance policy).

Old 02-13-2005, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer
Default LT80 / SLUG

OK, I am back in, cleaned the jets, they looked very clear here are the numbers that were on them the short fat one RFT 92.5 long skinny one either 02 or 20 depending how you look at it. This bike is suppose to be stock so maybe someone can tell me if these are stock jets. Also he little back rubber thing that covers the jets inside the bowl, is that needed, it was not on right when I removed the bowl anyway. Thanks again......

Old 02-13-2005, 03:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default LT80 / SLUG

The black rubber thing! No it's not needed, and sometimes gets crushed thus covering a jet. Maybe that's it.
Pipe:: get a good hot fire going (wood or charcoal) and get that pipe red. Blow compressed air through it. Please be carefull.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Sometimes the pipe gets so gunked up it stops the air flow.
Yes NGK.
If the problem still exsists/or you want to check anyways,, next is a compression test.
Delaware eh,,...HMMMMM looking at the map,seems like your close to seafood. I might need to come help on this. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default LT80 / SLUG

Thanks for the help, I will give it a shot. did those jet sizes I listed sound stock? You are welcome here anytime. in the spring and summer I fish and crab all the time. I an on the west side of delaware and grew up working the water of the Choptank river and chesapeake bay. Ocean fishing very fun, where are you located? If you plan a vacation in the summer contact me I can tell you the hot spots to go.... plus the crabs are great.

Old 02-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Range Rover
Default LT80 / SLUG

yes that it stock size jetting

Old 02-13-2005, 03:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Default LT80 / SLUG

Yes the jets listed are stock.
I like all seafood but I don't like the man handling of the crabs.I like any and all crab products but I didn't see the light on tearing the crabs apart. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] In New Orleans, I had this crab puff thing they called it. Twas awsome!I'll gladly chow on,,Shrimp,crab,clams,oysters,scallops and my favorite,,LOBSTA! LOL.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I live by Erie pa. I'm 2 miles from Lake Erie. The lake pearch and walleyed pike from Lake Erie can compare with the best of any fish.Especially in murcury content.HAHAHAHA

Old 02-13-2005, 10:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default LT80 / SLUG

well I cleaned the jets, blew out the pipe, and put all things back together. today we went riding and seems to be a little better, but not much, acts almost like it is flooding up. When I get on it and really open it up it seems to clear itself for a short time, then when my kids ride it, NOT AS FAST, it spits and sputters. I am lost, How much do these LT 80's smoke, My nephews LT 50 little to no smoke, our 80 smokes a lot, but does not leave a trail like a mosquito truck!!!!!

Old 02-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default LT80 / SLUG

Sounds like yours is runnig a rich. Move the needle clip position up one. Go here http://www.keihincarbs.com/tips/gate.html for help here.

here

Old 02-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default LT80 / SLUG

That is great info, thanks a lot, I will be trying it tomorrow. I will let you know soon as it is completed.

Old 02-14-2005, 08:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Default LT80 / SLUG

Now we check the compression.

Quick Reply: LT80 / SLUG