Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)

I didn't try it with the choke on, should I??

Old 02-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 86LT250RFatty
taking away the restictors allowed more airflow, you now need more fuel flow, you need to re-jet, im not sure how to do it on the LT50, do they have main jets and so on? Im sure someone can help you on that part.
I was hoping it was something simple. Now I just need to know what to change in the carb??

Old 02-19-2005, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

You can pull a plug check to see if it is running rich or lean.. but I am betting the farm that with all the mods you have done, you have a LEAN condition right now... and that can melt a motor, so you need to act quickly. Also, when checking your fuel system, try and blow some air back up through the petcock... make sure you have the gas cap off and not use too much air pressure. Some times, dirt will collect in the petcock and partially block it off...

You might also have a sticking float... but the number one possibility right now, is you are running way too lean...

Time to adjust air to fuel mixture, or re-jet. If you are unsure... call the dealer.... This is one where if you go too far, you could melt the motor...

Old 02-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Trailblazer

OK. your way too high on the needle setting. your gonna have to lower it and adjust the air screw on the oppisite side. Do NOT re jet. if it runs with choke on ,take apart clean out completely... pilot and main

Old 02-19-2005, 10:26 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Dragginbutt
You can pull a plug check to see if it is running rich or lean.. but I am betting the farm that with all the mods you have done, you have a LEAN condition right now... and that can melt a motor, so you need to act quickly. Also, when checking your fuel system, try and blow some air back up through the petcock... make sure you have the gas cap off and not use too much air pressure. Some times, dirt will collect in the petcock and partially block it off...

You might also have a sticking float... but the number one possibility right now, is you are running way too lean...

Time to adjust air to fuel mixture, or re-jet. If you are unsure... call the dealer.... This is one where if you go too far, you could melt the motor...
I've looked, but don't seem to see a air/fuel mixture screw on this carb. The only mods I've done, is removing the restrictors. I didn't know that it would create such a problem. Maybe I should just put the carb restrictor back in ??

Old 02-19-2005, 10:27 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ltdaddyo
OK. your way too high on the needle setting. your gonna have to lower it and adjust the air screw on the oppisite side. Do NOT re jet
I thought the screw on the other side was the idle screw??

Old 02-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Range Rover

If it runs better with the choke on your lean, if it runs worse your rich.

Old 02-19-2005, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

sorry thats the air screw I belive its screw all the way in,then3.5 turns out I do it by ear.. knock the top needle down.

Old 02-19-2005, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ltdaddyo
sorry thats the air screw I belive its screw all the way in,then3.5 turns out I do it by ear.. knock the top needle down.
How far down should I screw the top needle? I looked in the owners manual, and it's says that the screw on the other side of the carb is the idle screw(page 57 of my manual) could this be wrong?

Thanks for all of the comments everyone, keep them coming

Old 02-19-2005, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

its the only turnable brass screw on it . you have only 2 ways to adjust the carb

Quick Reply: AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)