Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 09:44 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)

nice.....

Old 02-20-2005, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Bedrock
Can you tell me where the restrictors were. My son has an LT80 and an Eton 90 I have the some manuals for the Eton but not the LT. And after reading all the post any information you can give me would be a great

Thanks

The First restrictor is in the exhaust system (between the engine and exhaust, it's a little black metal power reduction plate.

The second one is in the carb- In mine, it was a brass valve that I had to remove.

That's all the one's I know about

The R

Old 02-20-2005, 11:36 AM
AJ1
Weekend Warrior

Glad it worked out for you TheR!!!

Old 02-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Trailblazer

Well, I had posted some things on how my LT80 was a slug. I just read this, pulled my slider and BAM---- No retainer washer, so my needle is floating aswell. My clip is in the 2nd from the top... can anyone tell me where it is suppose to be? This bike has run like crap since getting it used. No retrictors in the carb or exhaust, Stock jets, all stock that I am aware of. Also can I use and/or make a retainer for the needle? or do those grooves in the wahser do something? Thanks

Old 02-20-2005, 12:39 PM
AJ1
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: SNSGRAPHICS
Well, I had posted some things on how my LT80 was a slug. I just read this, pulled my slider and BAM---- No retainer washer, so my needle is floating aswell. My clip is in the 2nd from the top... can anyone tell me where it is suppose to be? This bike has run like crap since getting it used. No retrictors in the carb or exhaust, Stock jets, all stock that I am aware of. Also can I use and/or make a retainer for the needle? or do those grooves in the wahser do something? Thanks
The notches are just so the cable can get by it, guess you only really need one. Make sure the hole is big enough for needle but small enough so clip dosn't go through, also should just fit down in slide so spring holds it down. my 2001 had the clip in the 3rd groove from the top.

Old 02-20-2005, 02:40 PM
Trailblazer

My needle setting is now in the third notch. Damn this little thing runs good. See you guys later, my boys and I are going out to play in the snow (I just put Razr2 on my YFZ)
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Trailblazer

with my needle in the 3rd VS the 2nd, would that make it faster? Thanks

Old 02-21-2005, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: SNSGRAPHICS
with my needle in the 3rd VS the 2nd, would that make it faster? Thanks
I don't know the answer to that one. I was told to put my needle into the third slot because I removed the restrictors.

The R

Old 02-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

When removing the restrictions, you in turn are leaning it out a lot. Moving to the third slot richens the mixture, and balances out the air fuel mixture again. Don't do this unless you are removing the restrictors.

The bike runs better because it is able to push more air and fuel though it.

Old 02-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I wonder how much extra work and new problems people who should not be giving out tech support cause the poor guys that are having problems. It seems that everyone has a different idea on how to fix the same problem. I am glad that you figured out what the problem was "TheR" although I am not sure if any of the suggestions that I read helped. Air screw on an LT80? Hmmmm? I see that LT80 is LMAO on that one as well. I would take advice from LT80 on anything that you need help with , he has never steered me wrong, but it sounds like a lot of the other advice would just have you chacing yer tail! Just my opinion!

Quick Reply: AAAHHHHH (I need help, don't know what I did wrong)