Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Who to get a pipe from for a GPX 90 / Unison 90?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 02:11 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who to get a pipe from for a GPX 90 / Unison 90?

HI,
Have a GPX Raider 90 for my son and want to get a pipe/clutch kit to race it this season. This is the same as a Unison Desert Cat 90. Anyway I've researched the subject until my head hurts and I would appreciate your input. I've looked at these suppliers:

Hetrick racing
WRH Racing
Mini ATV.com
Lakes Motorsports
Eastside Motorsports

Prices are all within $100.00. Do they make their own or sell from a supplier/pipe manufacture? Most of the feedback I can find seems regional to these suppliers location. Does anyone have comparison of same brand/model quads set up by these companies? We will be racing MX. Our local track is tight with alot of turns and deep sand. Other 2 tracks we will race on have harder pack dirt and longer straights, 1 has good size hills as it is an old gravel pit and track climbs out of pit a few times.

Thank you for your time and comments

Old 02-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Trailblazer

Well from what Ive been told the eastside and the hetrick pipe are the same. I bought thru eastside and had terrible customer service. The parts got here on time but the bike however did not. Thats besides the point. Both get the Job done. The Wrh pipe is suppose to make just as much power at the time I ordered he was sold out as was hetrick(CHRISTMAS). I hear alot of talk about Jon from miniatvs.com but everything ive ever asked has been answered asap. All I can tell you is to pick on person and try to build a relationship between you and him not get parts from all of them. That way when you have a ? they cant say its from a part you didnt get thru them and each one of these guys know there stuff and can get your son/daughter on the right path. I cant answer for lake motorsports never checked them out

Old 02-28-2005, 11:29 PM
Range Rover

I can't say anything about any of the others but Hetrick. I've heard ALOT of good things about WRH from what people say they are great. I myself choose Hetrick. I have all Hetrick parts. Rich and his wife Michelle are AWESOME folks. There service is second to none. I call today the parts are at my house the very next day. Not one day delivery either. Michelle knows more about mini quads then most men. They are quick to give answes right back. I would also suggest getting all the parts from the same place.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Range Rover

the hetrick, mini atv and trinity pipe are the same pipe. the wrh pipe is his and his alone, he designed it and owns the stamping, the new wrh pipes are nickel plated now too.

Mark

Old 03-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer

Thank you for the replies. This is the kind of info I was looking for. Would be glad to hear from anyone else. Will make my decision this week based on fact, opinion, parts availability and ability to contact these venders. If I can't get in contact with them now via e-mail or phone, I'd hate to think what it would be like to get in touch for tech or customer support.

IMO, I will pay more for the same thing from one vender then another as I'm also buying their service and knowledge.

Old 03-02-2005, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer

If your willing to pay more dont waste your time with eastside there help just isnt there.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:04 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the help. Ordered from Hetrick today. Have spoken with them a couple times and always ready to help. Michelle, seems to know her stuff. Miniatv haven't been able to get ahold of (no phone #) and haven't replied to e-mails. WRH didn't seem to support my quad and not much info on web site. Lakes just haven't heard anything about. Eastside seems to support Kasea and is a dealer for Unison so maybe they will get more experience, seemed willing to help though. Anyway these are my findings, not saying anything bad, I'm sure there are alot of happy customers with each. Ability to get support after sale is important to me if I should need it.
Thanks again.