Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Yamoto 110 Owners - long term Reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 10:20 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yamoto 110 Owners - long term Reliability?

To any Yamoto 110 quad owner who is reading this, I'm wondering what's the reliability of these things and how long have you owned one? How often does it break down, leak, or just plain quit? Since I live in the People's Republic of California (God I hate this state), this is the only Chinese quad that I can get green stickered (read, be able to ride throughout the year).

The price is right, but I'm wondering how well these things have been doing over time. I've searched and read about all the breakin problems (carb, shifting, shaft, bolts coming loose), but do these problems settle down or just keep on coming? I don't want to make repairing these things a full time hobby though...

Thanks in advance,
John

Old 03-01-2005, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

I bought the Yamoto 150, as a first quad for the family. I did a great job "fixing" it with all of the helpful posts. I Loctited every bolt I could find and get to easily. I've had it about 2 months now, and have ridden 12 full days with it. Lately, my son has been wanting to do jumps for about 3 hours with his brother who is on a 2 wheeler. For the past 2 weekends, I have found loose and broken bolts. I have an Ace Hardware store about 10 miles from me that opens on Sunday at 7:00am. They have coffe ready for me now. That particular Ace Hardware has every type of metric bolt and nut you could need. I've changed out alot of them for Grade 5 or 8. Its the cheapest hardware I've ever seen in my life.

I find it enjoyable working on the Yamoto, its very easy. On the other hand, I hose down the Honda, and put it away wet, so I have more time for the Yamoto. Its not for the weak of wrench if you know what I mean.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey!

I've had our Yamoto 110 for about 4 months and about 8 hours of use.

It's the best bang for the buck and the green sticker makes it even better.

Search here for all the set-up tips and follow them.

Notchy shifter, blows a fuse once in a while.

Mine has developed an oil leak. It seems to be coming from a loose nut/bolt under the left hand side chrome cover.

Otherwise it's been great, I'd buy another.

my 2c.

Reflexx