Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

gutless kawasaki kfx50

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gutless kawasaki kfx50

lol...damn raptor....

Old 03-11-2005, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider

Now, thats the kind of response you would expect from an adult. Thank you. Besides the short bus comment of course. I was impressed until then. You are absolutely right on everything. Age is not the only criteria. One of our neighbor kids is 3 years old. This kid is a brute. Hes bigger than his 8 year old brother. Physically he can handle any mini quad, mentally, he barely handles the little 50. We finally agree.

My 8 year old son started on the Lt50. We modded that thing to really rip when he turned 4. At 4 he got his jr50 dirt bike. At 5 he moved to an lem lx2 dirtbike. At 5 1/2 he got a lowered, restricted and widened Lt80. Just before he turned 7, he moved to a ktm pro jr. His lt80 was modded for drag racing. I drag race quads, so he does also. Now that he is just about 9, he is getting a Kx65 dirt bike, and his Lt80 is a full on drag quad. It will also have a 5hp shot of nitrous to go along with its already screamin motor. He wants a blaster. I told him he has to wait until he is 10, and then, and only then will we see how he fits and can handle it. My 4 year old rides the Lt50. Its still modded, but Ive restricted so he gets just enough to make turns in the grassy areas. He isnt as advanced as his older brother, so thats what he gets until hes ready. We have many trophys and photos.

Look, I dont want to continue with the crap, my opinion is you cant compare the quads to an electric power wheels. Thats it. Are we done?

Gary

Old 03-11-2005, 11:30 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
Originally posted by: DStroyer
YOu know what,

Is it possible for anyone in here to have a comment, or opinion without all the name calling??? Is eveyone in here 12 fricken years old. Listen, go back and read. He compared a 6/12 volt power wheels to a 90cc 2 stroke atv. And added a zero risk, and impossible to tip over on top of that. That is what I referred to as dumb. I still do. I always will. If you people cant read, or understand that is a dumb statement, that is your problem.

Im done in here. If this is all you people have to offer, then this is a waste of time.

YOu know what,
Your right raptorlegs, Im wrong, Im going to go put my 8 year old on my kfx700. He can reach the pegs and all the controls. Ill just "supervise him". What could go wrong. Or maybe Ill put my 4 year old on a 90cc quad. Ill just " supervise him". Both dumb statements.

P.S. my kids could ride circles around your panzie kids. Oh, does that upset you?? I would me. See, is that really needed. NO!!
Good luck to you!!
Gary
Dstoyer, get a grip. You're comin off a lil psycho. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

The mini's have a lot a safety features not available on a full size quad such as a throttle limiter and in my case rear tether kill switch. I can throttle mine down to a crawl and kill the engine anytime I want. There is NO WAY my 6 year could tip hers on it's side at a crawl while on a flat surface. It would be difficult for me while seated and both feet on the floorboard.

These minis are extremely safe when ridden properly for the child's experience and it's up to the parent to make sure they don't overstep there bounds. A child's size and ability to follow instruction should be the criteria for determining when they can start riding, not age.

Now what exactly do your children ride? Besides the short bus?
You say you can throttle it down and kill the engine at anytime, then why is the high comp and race pipe necessary? You must be able to run pretty fast or have one hell of a long tether on that kill switch!! Sounds like a little much for a 6 year old.
Ahahahahaha, the short bus. That's a good one....yeah right!! I hope your 6 year old has more maturity then you.......

Old 03-11-2005, 11:44 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DStroyer, I wasn't implying your kids were panzies, I just meant if they get babied all the time there going to grow up to be panzies. You know, like the kid that shows up to football practice with pillows duck taped all around him![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My point is a kid is never going to develope his skills, to a degree anyways, if his limits is never pushed. Now I don't mean putting a little one on a Banshee, I just mean under the correct supervision, let them try a little more and more. It just seems some people on here think a kid should be on a 90cc until he/she is 16![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

You got to hand it to him, the short bus thing was funny![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2005, 11:49 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
DStroyer, I wasn't implying your kids were panzies, I just meant if they get babied all the time there going to grow up to be panzies. You know, like the kid that shows up to football practice with pillows duck taped all around him! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] My point is a kid is never going to develope his skills, to a degree anyways, if his limits is never pushed. Now I don't mean putting a little one on a Banshee, I just mean under the correct supervision, let them try a little more and more. It just seems some people on here think a kid should be on a 90cc until he/she is 16![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

You got to hand it to him, the short bus thing was funny![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Now that's funny!!!
I agree with with ya on all of that.....

Old 03-11-2005, 11:50 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Originally posted by: LTZevil400 You say you can throttle it down and kill the engine at anytime, then why is the high comp and race pipe necessary? You must be able to run pretty fast or have one hell of a long tether on that kill switch!! Sounds like a little much for a 6 year old.
Ahahahahaha, the short bus. That's a good one....yeah right!! I hope your 6 year old has more maturity then you.......
Well, it wasn't on there when I taught her how to operate the quad. The reason I upgraded it is because it's easier for her ride in the sand. The stock power was lacking and the little strip out behind the house isn't very challenging (even for a 6 year old).

And yes, she is very mature for her age. Thank you!

Old 03-11-2005, 11:55 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Originally posted by: DStroyer My 4 year old rides the Lt50. Its still modded, but Ive restricted so he gets just enough to make turns in the grassy areas. ......Look, I dont want to continue with the crap, my opinion is you cant compare the quads to an electric power wheels. Thats it. Are we done?

Gary
Gary, I think you read more into my powerwheels comment then what was there. I don't think we're that far apart on what we believe.

Old 03-11-2005, 11:56 AM
Range Rover

ltzevil...im sure the mods came after...

Old 03-11-2005, 11:59 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah that sand sure will rob the power quickly on these minis. Seems like the slightest incline in the sand and it's a whole different world!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Range Rover

so fireman....what did you end up doing anyway...lol

Quick Reply: gutless kawasaki kfx50