Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

YOUTH RACING IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005 | 06:07 PM
Trailblazer
Default YOUTH RACING IN NORTHERN CALIFORNIA?

I'm sure that you have gone by QMX shop in Jackson - Kevin who works there raced quads- We both raced with Mutant - they run local races and include Quads- The youngest that has raced is around 14 - most of us are 14 to 35 which include beginners to Pro - Mutant doesn't run a youth program as yet for Quads, maybe if they get enough turn out they will -
They do run 50's and 90's bikes in youth class

I see that you found VORRA - you might want to check out the local fairs as well- AMA and CMA runs the county fairs. Toulumne, Turlock and Madera - they have Quad racing all age groups and classes. Also there is the Los Banos fair coming up and they are running a Quad only race this year. I'm still trying to find more details on that-

Your best bet for the younger guys to to go and check out a few races and see if this is want they want to do- MX for the little kids isn't to bad - some tracks have larger jumps and whoop sections that may be a little scarey to the little guys, TT is flat track and there is Lodi Bowl and others that run that kind of race- The guys at Custom trailer in Lodi is a part of the program as well as West Coast ATV - He is located across the road from Custom Trailer just off 99 on Grant line road

Just make sure that they are well protected with the right gear - Boots, Chest protector and neck brace a must for the little ones and of course don't get cheep with the helmets - Get a real good one, it is worth it. Also a kidney belt wouldn't be a bad idea either if they run MX -

Good luck -

Maybe I'll see ya around -