Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Doro Motors/Wicked Rocket?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 04:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Doro Motors/Wicked Rocket?

The 50 for the kids came with a lousy tiny manual that is only good for knowing how much oil to put in. The Kazuma 150 came with a much better manual complete with color pictures of how to tear down the engine.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

If he is smart (not like me!) - he will not let the time get past 60 days if he paid via credit card. That is all the time you have to dispute the charge. I would tell him to call his credit card company right away and cancel the order! You can get the same bike from better places without the BS!

I waited too long, and am at the mercy of the dude.

Old 03-25-2005, 08:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am currently having problems with Doro Motors. I orderd a 150cc sport/Raptor, red. After almost a month we got a blue redcat that was smashed in shippment. Doro was quick to send another one and I asked to make sure they send the 150cc Red raptor. We got a red 150cc. When we put in together I thought it looked different. After looking on the web page agian, we realized it was the wrong machine with no reverse and cheaper. My kids sure did not want to wait for the correct machine so Doro did agree to refund the difference and I did ask for a free helmet for our troubles. Still waiting for the refund and helmet. Upon putting the machine together the left brake handle broke in half. Ordered that part, still waiting. The kids have ridden the machine twice and now we have a oil leak that looks like a year old leak! I guess I should have looked into the company before I made a purchase like this. Sure hope I can find parts for this machine!

Old 03-25-2005, 09:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

There's a simple solution to this problem: don't buy online. It's crazy to buy an atv you've never seen from a company you've never heard of.

There's a reason they're selling so cheap. It's very expensive to provide good service such as a parts department with a knowledgeable staff, a decent warranty (one they actually honor instead of just advertise), tech support... Many of these companies have very few parts (the 2 or 3% free parts offered by the manufacturer), no tech support, nothing. They are nothing more than one or two people who bought a few containers of dirt bikes or atvs. They were doing something else two years ago, and they'll be doing something different again two years from now. Post-sale service is worth a higher price. A cheap quad that doesn't run or never shows up isn't saving you money.

Old 03-26-2005, 10:04 AM
Weekend Warrior

Not ALL online ATV sales are bad..

I purchased a pair of 90cc ATVs from TGB Hornet and these two quads were excellant and NEVER needed anything in the yr I owned them...A similer brand name ATV would have cost me 2200-2500 bucks,I paid 1000 deleivered to my dealerships doorway.

So far,I like the 70cc Yamoto I got from RACEWAY,however,even this quad was very late being deleiverd,and also come with a broken brake part..I called John this past Monday and he said the part was on the way,we'll see?

If he does me right with the brake part,I may be ordering another one real soon.I only use these ATVs in my ATV safety classes because all my kids are grown up now,so I need some inexpensice,but relaible units..The Yamoto 70cc?Change the non brand name spark plug over to a NKG,remove the airbox restrictor plate,dial in the air/fuel mixture,and you'll have a nice unit.

Old 03-28-2005, 12:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Doro Motors came through with the parts I needed. I was able to finish assembling the quad, install the battery and it started right up.

Old 03-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

If this company is being investigated, why are they able to keep doing business? Still waiting for refund and part. Should be here today, we'll see. They said if it wasn't here today to call them and they will over night a check to me. I sure hope they stick by their word. Trying not to get my hopes up!

Old 03-30-2005, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

I did receive the refund check from doro, let's hope it clears the bank. Now just waiting on the part! Anyone know where I can get parts so I don't have to go throught this again? I have the 150cc Racardo, or that'swhat the sticker says that came with the machine anyway. I 've looked at other ATV sites and for the most part they look the same. thx

Old 03-30-2005, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So you got your money back and you got to keep the atv? Thats a good deal!

Old 03-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I got a partcial refund because I had paid for a 150cc sport and they sent me a 150cc trax which was cheaper and did not have the same features. I am just thankful I got that!

Quick Reply: Doro Motors/Wicked Rocket?