Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Bombardier DS90 2 stroke -- headlights anyone??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 04:26 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombardier DS90 2 stroke -- headlights anyone??

Does anyone know of a light kit we can mount on my daughter's DS90? We are so frustrated because Fun Bike Center sold it to us with the impression a light kit could be purchased. Now that we own it.....we cannot find one -- and neither can they. Ugh! HELP!!!

We just got our son an E-Ton 90R and it comes with the wiring for lights -- all we had to do is install the bulbs.

Also, we have a Bombardier DS50 for sale -- we bought it for our son, but the factory limiter of 10 mph killed us. Does anyone know of a way to make it faster and more powerful......same for the DS90 and the 15 mph limiter? The E-Ton has way more speed and power than either of the Bombardiers we bought.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated -- especially with the lights.

Old 03-16-2005, 11:58 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sons DS90 will do 30-35 with me on it 185LBS
All I did was backout the throttle stop and Drill out the tube on the end of the spark arrestor

Old 03-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For headlights for the DS-90, there are a few ways... They are:

1 - Surf the Internet and look for "DS90 lights". There are 3 or 4 companies that sell "bolt on" products that I can think of.

2 - Buy your own individual parts. For example: Visit your local WalMart / K-Mart / Autozone type store and look for low wattage clear lense fog lights. Some use a single light and some use dual lights. Ensure you use an inline fuse, proper thickness 12V wire and a a 12V rated switch. I like easy to read toggle switches the best. Easy to see and easy to use with one's gloves on.

Lesson learned: We originally installed a single light on our Pred-90. That darn 35W was like a light-house beam. It could shine the fly sitting ontop of a 15 story building. Maybe not that bright, but it had too much "pencil beam" mirror & lense. Sounds great but at sunset, my son couldn't see the obsticles infront of his tires. For 15 feet infront of his Pred-90 the ground was too black. We then replaced this single 35 W light with dual 20w MR11-20 bulb lights. Automotive clear lens fog lights but their lense / mirrors were less pencil beam. Because our MAX load watts in 33ish, I then down graded the 2 x 20w bulbs to 2 x 10w bulbs. These bulbs work great for DRLs but aren't bright enough for night driving. These 2 x 10s + 5W combo tail lights are great for our daytime dark bush on a cloudy day driving conditions. Also, why over tax the electrical system if one doesn't need it. For your DS90s, the upper limit of 32-ish Watts is probably the same.

For details of our Pred-90 DRLs, surf many pictures within:

- Press Here - 1 -
- Press Here - 2 -

Note: If purchasing your own individual parts, try to obtain a light assembly that holds MR11-xx or MR16-xxx bulb sockets. Many non-busy Sales Reps will help you find the clear lens auto driving lights that contain this bulb socket site. If using MR11-xxxx or MR16-xxx bulbs, you can then downgrade their bulbs to 10, 15, 20 watts. The MR11-15W & MR16-15W bulbs are "special order" bulbs - but they do exist. Thus allowing you to obtain an under 30W "full load" max.

Hope this helps....