Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

90cc power boost

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 11:57 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90cc power boost

Originally posted by: Raptorlegs
I've got a 93cc with pipe and 20mm carb with K&N and I'm only running a 105 main??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

It seems awful big to me, too. I ordered a kit from Hetrick. They sent me a 120 and a 125 main. I am not a big bore, it's the stock cc. I just thought I'd start with the larger jet and lean it to the 120 if the plug looks black or it fouls out. In the cul-de-sac in front of our house I had my 11 year old ride it (after me of course [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] !!!) and he was putting around. I asked him to give it some throttle so it reved up a bit more. I stopped him and said "Are you going full throttle?". Keep in mind, my older boy is very conservative. So I talked him into going full throttle. Holy cow-As soon as it hit the power band he was at the end of the street, and I mean RIGHT NOW! He had to let off. It took off like our little mini never had.
I'm getting ready to pack up now-looks like Baseball rained out, so we'll be leaving today instead of tonight. I'll keep you posted.
Be back Tuesday.

Jesse

Old 03-19-2005, 12:05 PM
Range Rover
Default 90cc power boost

It's important to note, that some of us want more low end power for different reasons. I need more slow and go power to negotiate trails with rock. I can't go fast over that stuff. Mine is a gearing issue, verses a high take-off speed at the low end, IMO. It sounds like you've made some great mods.

Old 03-19-2005, 12:41 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 90cc power boost

Originally posted by: Knowpig just thought I'd start with the larger jet and lean it to the 120 if the plug looks black or it fouls out.
If it was too rich, I don't think it would run. Mine falls on it's face with a 110.

The only thing I can figure is my pilot and needle are making up the difference. Dunno.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:50 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default 90cc power boost

If the thing is falling onits face then its to lean. I might have mine over jetted alittle but I've had it it out twice now that the snow is gone and no problems.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2005, 10:05 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 90cc power boost

Originally posted by: fraizer
If the thing is falling onits face then its to lean.
They'll fall on there face either way. Lean or rich. That's what I meant when saying the jetting is very sensative.

Old 03-22-2005, 02:01 AM
Range Rover
Default 90cc power boost

also on the stock carb with a uni or k & n. if you add a pipe and higher compression you will have to drill the float seat out bigger. the quad will scream for a few seconds then fall on its face because the float bowl has drained and the small orfice in the seat cannot fill the float bowl quick enough.

Mark

Old 03-24-2005, 03:45 PM
Trailblazer
Default 90cc power boost

OK everyone, I'm back from Glamis and here's the report...............
The pipe Hetrick sent me was the "Koso" pipe. First rides, we went with the 125 main jet. Ran and idled fine, but a little soft on the bottom. I switched it out with the 120 main jet and it seemed a little better. It rev's WAY higer than it used to. After running about 5 gallons of fuel through her, the plug had a nice light brownish look to it. Nice snappy throttle, and it did not bog down on those sand hills. It is still soft on take off, but I have some more tweeking to do on the rear clutch pack. Over all I am very happy with the improvement.
Also, wide open for a mile at a time (literaly), this unit did not starve for fuel with the stck 18mm Mikuni carb. I did not drill out the needle and seat. Flows fine for me. I am going to try a set of paddles after Easter to see how it will pull those.

Old 03-24-2005, 05:02 PM
Range Rover
Default 90cc power boost

I am in the middle of rebuilding the top end of my 2 pred 90,s. I also had .050 taken off the top of the cylinder,s and did a little porting job. The quad,s already have uni,s Hetrick clutch kit, f.m.f pipe,s oil injection removed, I can,t remember the jet size right now, we will be going to Ocotillo Wells next weekend and try out the improvment,s.

Old 03-26-2005, 11:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default 90cc power boost

Are those viper 90r's you'er talking about Knowpig and if so did the exhust bolt right on with out changing or moving a lot of stuff/

Old 03-27-2005, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default 90cc power boost

I know ho restrictive the stock airbox is on the vipor/predator/eton 90's, but does anyone make a better airbox/filter that can handle
all the water and mud we go through when trail riding??? You know your boy's never listen when you tell them not to walk in the
mud puddles with their new shoes on... Just think how it is with his quad!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 90cc power boost