Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Help! Need Chinese 90 CC ATV Part!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 08:17 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Need Chinese 90 CC ATV Part!

Please help! I purchased one of those cheap Chinese quads from a guy on e-bay - brand new in a crate - the problem is that when I got it, it would not run. I found out that this is due to a cracked intake pipe. I've been looking for a replacement, unfortunately, I don't know who makes the dang thing!

On the ebay website, under Manufacturer it said "multiple"

It came with a parts catalog, and I know the part number is 50z 2003, but there isn't an address or a company name where I can get this part. The quad doesn't even have a model number other than 90 st.

My daughter's 5th birthday is coming up fast, and we are planning a trip to Glamis - please help - she wants to ride her new quad when we get there!

Thanks!

-Christy

Old 05-11-2005, 08:38 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look like this?

Old 05-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Range Rover

Do you think that you might be able to get a picture up that way we might be able to idenify.

Roman

Old 05-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer

If at all possible, sell it and get a real one. Perhaps in the future these products will be improve in quality, but the Chinese quads and bikes now are the biggest pieces of @#$% made. My '04 bike has had everything fall of it, including the swing arm several times. Not to mention that the seals are already bad and it smokes more than any 2-stroke ever made. It probably will not last but a few more hours. I regret buying it and I learned that you get what you pay for. Sell now and get a name brand quad. Also help others by sharing your experience, I guarantee this isn't the end of your problems with your quad, only the tip of the iceberg.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:23 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Orion, a lot of us have had very good luck with our chinese minis.

Sorry you got a lemon. We recommend to everyone that they inspect all bolts and use locktite. As far as the smoking, I doubt it's your rings after 10 hours? I think is what you posted somewhere else. Anyway, it's most likely a jetting, dirty carb or stuck choke. Mine smoked worse b4 I switched carbs and went to premix. Got my mixture and jets right and the smoke went away. Problem solved.

Old 05-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi again,

Yes, I think I can get a picture up, but I'll have to wait until I get home and can put it on the scanner - in the mean time, I can show you a pic of the quad.

Em's Quad

I am getting increasingly frustrated and am probably going to return the quad if I cant get this cheap little pot-metal part.

Thanks Everybody!

Old 05-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Range Rover

The only thing I can say about a Chinese quad is do your home work and research what your buying. Don't just go to ebay and buy one just cause it's cheap. If you do your research you can find some that are just as good as the majors players or better. And what ever you do buy from a reputable online dealer.
I feel that mine is better than what I could of bought for 2500.00 because I did my research.

Roman

Trending Topics

Old 05-12-2005, 12:39 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Originally posted by: californiacat
Hi again,

Yes, I think I can get a picture up, but I'll have to wait until I get home and can put it on the scanner - in the mean time, I can show you a pic of the quad.

Em's Quad

I am getting increasingly frustrated and am probably going to return the quad if I cant get this cheap little pot-metal part.

Thanks Everybody!

Looks like the Kazuma/Redcat 50 to me. There is a dealer link at the top of the page. racewayatv.com

Old 05-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Range Rover

Thats what it looks like to me as well, give John at raceway.com a call he can hook you up.

Roman

Old 05-12-2005, 07:09 PM
Trailblazer

Honestly, I'm glad that I got a lemon because I really don't like company if I'm miserable. I accept what I got and I plan on riding it until it just won't run anymore. I'll do my best to keep it mechanically in shape and I'm glad to hear that the rest of you have good experiences with yours. What the best 50cc anyone can recommend? I have heard good things in magazines about the Kasea.

Quick Reply: Help! Need Chinese 90 CC ATV Part!