Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

A name change, but still the same news..LOL

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts
Default A name change, but still the same news..LOL

ATV Star Angela Moore is Ready to Ride in ESPN’s Great Outdoor Games VI

Celebration, Fla. – ATVs are roaring into ESPN’s Great Outdoor Games VI presented by Dodge at Disney’s Wide World of Sports ® Complex, July 8-10, with some of the best and brightest motor racing stars. 2004 and 2005 Dirt Riot Champion and five-time national event winner Angela Moore enters this year’s Games fresh off five wins in the GNC MX series and is one of the sports fastest rising talents.

Moore got her first taste of ATV racing action at the tender age of 4 years when her parents gave her a 4-wheeler as a gift. From that point on, Moore was hooked, and the 24-year-old has been racing competitively for the last 12 years.

“Four wheelers are my life,” Moore said. “I love to compete, and I love to race. My ultimate goal as a amature rider is to see this sport grow and be able to do what I love.

“The sport has been self-contained for the last 10 years without much support,” she added, “but we’ve all seen a big change in the last few years.”

ESPN’s Great Outdoor Games VI features two ATV events: Four Wheel Frenzy and Terracross. Moore will be revving her engine in the Four Wheel Frenzy. The final round of that competition is set for Saturday, July 9 at 8:30 p.m.

“I think people are starting to realize just how exciting the sport is. Most people don’t realize what you can do with a four-wheeler and are amazed to see us take jumps over 80 feet.”

Doubling, tripling and sometimes even quadrupling the weight of its rider, the racing ATV averages 350 pounds, while the utility ATV averages 650 pounds. Battling road obstacles, water hazards and tight turns, riders must maintain control of the vehicle at speeds up to 50 mph.

“ATV’s are very physically demanding and tough to handle for 20 to 23 minutes at a time,” said Moore. “You’ve got to stay in good condition to maintain control of the vehicle and keep it on the track.”

With five wins under her belt this year alone, Moore enters the Great Outdoor Games with confidence and excitement.

“I have a good idea of who I’ll be competing against,” said Moore. “We’re all pretty tight, and it’s going to be close, but I think I have an edge mentally since I can roost those guys.”

Moore’s favorite?
“I love running in the Open A class and putting the spank on those guys. They are extremely fast. It makes me a better racer.”

With the attention generated by the Great Outdoor Games, Moore hopes to increase exposure of the sport, attracting new fans and sending it into the mainstream of motor sport racing.

“Being a part of the Great Outdoor Games really means a lot to this sport,” said Moore. “It is one of the fastest growing motor sports right now, and, with the support of ESPN, it’ll help attract sponsors, fans and millions of viewers to really make it explode.

“If anybody misses the show, they’re going to be disappointed because it’s going to be awesome. I want to put on a good show, and I know it’ll be something worth watching!”

Fans can catch the Great Outdoor Games live July 7-10, 2005 at Disney's Wide World of Sports ® Complex. Admission to the 2005 Great Outdoor Games is $5 per person per day, with children 10 and under free. Re-entry is allowed each day. Tickets can be purchased on ticketmaster.com through June 26 and purchased at the door the day of the event.

The Games will be aired on ESPN and ABC Sports July 14-17, 2005. For more information visit www.greatoutdoorgames.com.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet, good luck to her [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Great article

That sounds like it will be a blast......

My 10 y/o daughter read that and now is even more excited to get her a built up race quad [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
(btw, I'm still trying come up with the $$$'s to get that LT80 I told you I found) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
All Ash talks about is having fun racing, and of course wanting to whoop on the boys,
so she loved Angelas comments in this article, hehehe......
She said "see dad, I can do it"..................[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Thanks for sharing that article......
Good Luck to her, and we'll be watching I hope (we'll be at the Oregon Dunes at that time)

Old 07-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Awsome! And she CAN do it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You know i'll help.

I should stste that that article had John Natlies name in it, I put Angela's name in place, And changed the race results cuz Natalie hasn't the national championships that Angela has. But there isn't anything false in the post. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Ya know I had to!! LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Look for a report on ATV CONNECTION.
I can't wait to go!

Old 07-03-2005, 08:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RFLMAO.........That's to funny...........
Guess ya got me on that one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]: