Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Carb for Dinli Diamondback

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb for Dinli Diamondback

Our local shop doesn't want to deal with aftermarket parts for the Dinli Diamondback or any off brand mini for that matter.

I did the Koso pipe and Koso clutch power-up kit (not sure about the roller size but the clutch spring is 1500rpm.

Not sure about changing the front sprocket up to 16 teeth. Has anyone done that on a stock motor? I read another post about a Dinli 90 having problems using the 16t upfront.

I was thinking about getting the 24mm carb, like Tommy mentioned in my last post. If I upgrade the carb, will I still be able to use the stock oil injector? If I can't, is there an oil block off kit or do I just plug off the hoses?

Old 07-06-2005, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

Many dealers don't want to sell the parts. We use the 16T front on all our quads and have good results. I would replace the carb and intake as it will run much better without the jetting nightmares. On the oil injection, remove the pump and put a 1/2" PVC pipe cap in the hole. It will have to be pressed in but it works great.

If you're interested in the aftermarket parts, Dinli has their own line as well as WRH and Hetrick.

If you need assistance look us up and we'll try to help.

Old 07-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider

I usually just take off pump then remove the gear on the pump and put the pump back on, and cut the lines/ plug the one on the intake. Done... pump maybe weighs a few ounces no weight problem. We used the 20 and the 24mm carbs and they worked very well. If you are going to do a bigbore or stroker get the 24 otherwise our 20mm was just as fast as the 24. Very good upgrade with your pipe.

Old 07-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for all the help.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

How do I get to the pump? I see the fan assembly, 3 philip screws. I think the stator is behind it with 3 or 4 philip screws. Can I get to the pump behind those to things or do I need to dig deeper? Do I need any special tools or mark the parts to keep any sort of timing for the motor?

Old 07-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Range Rover

take the fan cover and head cover off. you will see the pump. look straight at the pump from the front of the quad not the side. there are 2 phillip head screws holding it in. the top one is on the left side of the pump and the bottom one is on the right side. the bottom one is hard to see but it is there.. take them 2 screws out and the pump will pull out. i have a brand new frc 24mm carb and intake still in the box if you are interested.

Mark

Old 07-08-2005, 05:38 PM
Weekend Warrior

HQR109-Thanks for your help. Sounds like I was going to make some sort of production taking all those parts off. I really appreciate it. I already have carb & intake kit in the works, thanks for the offer.

Old 07-08-2005, 05:56 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: HQR109
take the fan cover and head cover off. you will see the pump. look straight at the pump from the front of the quad not the side. there are 2 phillip head screws holding it in. the top one is on the left side of the pump and the bottom one is on the right side. the bottom one is hard to see but it is there.. take them 2 screws out and the pump will pull out. i have a brand new frc 24mm carb and intake still in the box if you are interested.

Mark

Mark, you sure the gear will come out with it? Hate to have it bouncing around in their.

Old 07-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Range Rover

yes the gear comes out with the punp. storms comming samson, im comming to your house.

Mark

Old 07-08-2005, 06:19 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll have the beer on ice! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I stripped those screw out so I did mine the hard way. But I remember the gear sliding freely up and down the pump's shank. Just curious.

Quick Reply: Carb for Dinli Diamondback