Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

WRH vs Hetricks ak47 vs Malossi team MHR

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WRH vs Hetricks ak47 vs Malossi team MHR

I am in the the hunt for a 70cc cylinder and wondering who has run the cylinders from hetricks, whr and malossi. I am looking for feedback and the above from people who have run them or know about them. I hear a lot of good things about Billy and Rich and I would expect that they would sell a good cylinder kit. I have not heard much about the malossi team MHR and am wondering about that as well. I am looking for the top of the line kit and wondering what most people run at the national level, that is if people will give up the info. Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thanks all

Old 08-06-2005, 01:28 AM
Range Rover

i cant give info on rich except that he does good work and builds fast motors also a nice guy. billy at wrh i know personally and can say that if you get a cylinder kit from him it will be right. every ported cylinder that goes out of his shop is ported by him and no one else. all are set up on a set of bench cases and all work is done with a degree wheel, no guesswork here. pistons are usually modified for top performance, differnet thickness head and base gaskets are tried to find the ones that offer the best squish for your cylinder setup. only after all of this are the cylinder, head, piston sent out to the customer. we have 2 local youths riding wrh built 70's in our local series. they have to run in the mod 90 class as there is no 70 class. these boys always finish somewhere between second and fourth. hope this helps.

Mark

Old 08-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

What he said. Remember the mallossi kit is designed for scooters. WRH/Hetrick do the quads. Also Mallossi heads with the oring are not a good design.

Old 08-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Range Rover

WE run all Hetrick products on my son's AC 70. We run them for a number of reasons. Rich spends alot of time and money on R&D and it shows with there products. There service is awesome and his wife Michelle knows more about mini's then most men. Plus there products are very reliable.And they treat my son very good with there sponsorship. In our East Coast XC Series I have to run him in the (8-11) 90cc open class. He has pulled more then 1 Holeshot on his 70 and he is only 7.He always finishes in the top 4 overall. And always on the lead lap. He has no problem laping 90's in an XC race. So they can make very fast mini's . After every race someone comes over and asks me what the heck did you do to that mini. When I tell them it's only a 70 they all say NO WAY! And it is truely a 70cc quad all AMA legal because we run GNCC Nationals. So I'm a firm believer in Hetrick products,and if you have any questions they will give all the support you will need.

Old 08-08-2005, 07:57 AM
Pro Rider

Well, Have you seen the picture in Dirt Wheels of a Cobra getting the holeshot at Ecceconnee in Macon. If you look real close at the picture you will see dirt being thrown on that Cobra. That dirt was from a bike that was built by WRH. The bike and rider were cropped out of the picture but the dirt remains.