Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005 | 03:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hi jfullam,

Welcome to the forum. I had a problem with one of our Baja 90s doing the same thing. It turned out to be the pick-up unit by the back sprocket. I am not too sure shy it stopped working, I think it was damaged somehow. The speedo stopped working and when I tried to adjust the gap between the pick-up and the "sender" near the rear sprocket it broke. They are fairly fragile by the look of it. When it took the broken one off I looked it over and there are some electronics and a little glass "doohickey" (sorry for the fancy tech terms). Called Baja and ordered one (cause I thought I buggered it up) and once replaced has worked fine since.

The part number I ordered was WD90-633 (Speedometer Sensor Wire, Long). I would check it over to see if there is anything obvious first then call Baja and tell them your problem and see what they say.

If you need pictures or anything to help understand let me know and I will e-mail to you. Also, if anyone is interested in schematics for the Baja 90 I have a PDF file that shows the entire ATV broken down with part numbers, drop my a private message or otherwise let me know and I can send the file to you. Or if anyone knows how we can post into this forum for everybody's access let me know. I obtained the schematics directly from Baja so they look pretty accurate.

DogbertTheConsultant

Old 12-24-2005 | 06:58 PM
jef
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hey guys i recently had by baha90 in for warranty service the clutch burnt out on it but i have to say im very impressed withthe service and what they did with the atv i went yesterday to pick it up and the guy says to me here u go its all ready we also changed the oil for u adjusted all the brakes tightened the chain it was loose and re oiled it and adjusted the carb
man when i brought it home and started it was running better then ever im very pleased to know im going to have sevice like that from these guys. By the way the clutch burned out from too high revs ooops my kid wanted more speed so he pulled out the rev limiter.

Old 12-24-2005 | 07:27 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Thats cool.....Glad I pick up the new pit bike..from pepboys (boy is my son gonna be excited)....their license expire today.....they sold all their atvs and dirt bikes.......they will be getting them renew but they can't sell anymore till then.....really weird.....Ohio is kinda weird like that.....they have send down the remaining bikes to Kentucky for sales.....oh well that made for a huge Baja sale's day for them.......they were rolling out of the store fast......guess I'll have to wait for my next atv.....need to save a little more anyho......HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU ALL......hope your kids enjoy their new bikes and you have some fun too !!!

Old 12-25-2005 | 12:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Would anyone happen to know if the Baja 90CC batteries can be charged using a 12V AC Batter Charger (500mA)?
The guys at PepBoy said that the battery might not last long since they only trickle charged it for 1.5 hrs. I have a 12V Motorcycle battery charger that I use for my SeaDoo wet bike and wasn't sure if I could use it on this 12V ATV battery...Battery seems like it is almost dead...
Also - I heard these batteries that come with the Baja 90CC are not very good...can anyone recommend a good replacement battery (maybe something from Walmart?)?.

Thanks and Merry X-Mas to all!

Old 12-25-2005 | 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Any 12 volt battery charger would work just keep it on low and keep an eye on it. As for batteries I'm sure you can find one for it at a bike shop or where ever. I think one could probably stick a bigger battery in there also.

Old 12-26-2005 | 09:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

the top on the gel batteries on the sunl says .6 amp 8-10 hours, 3amp 30minutes. they also give a charger with the quad,looks to be maybe the .6amp.

Old 12-27-2005 | 01:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

not sure how to email for the pdf files.... i've been looking for a shop manual on these, but would definitely take pdf schematics as a subsititute! kevincarkner@yahoo.ca

please email. thanks.

still have not had luck starting the baja. almost like it's out of gas. kinda catches once in a while then dies. got 110 km on it, and changed the oil. tomorrow i'll check over the gas lines, check for blocks and clean air filter. any other suggestions out there woudl be welcome.

thx.

signed,

very frustrated.

Old 12-27-2005 | 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

I can't find a battery that fits the baja 90 , the unit will not start consistently. Any suggestions on a battery that fits.

Thanks,

Old 12-27-2005 | 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

I had battery issues... I bought my son the Baja 90 CC (newer Model # 12). The battery that came with it is the Yuasa XT7LB-BS. I was able to buy a Vector 12V Deep Cycle Battery Charger and fully charge my battery in less than 3 hours. ATV starts/runs great now... see Amazon for Battery Chargers:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...lance&n=228013

If you really need to buy a replacement battery, try here:
http://www.apexbattery.com/yuasa-ytx...e-battery.html

Or here:
http://www.motorcyclebatteriesusa.co...sp?battery=170

Or you might try your local Honda Motorcycle shop...

Old 12-27-2005 | 11:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default Baja 90cc

Originally posted by: spyder7777777
not sure how to email for the pdf files.... i've been looking for a shop manual on these, but would definitely take pdf schematics as a subsititute! kevincarkner@yahoo.ca

please email. thanks.

still have not had luck starting the baja. almost like it's out of gas. kinda catches once in a while then dies. got 110 km on it, and changed the oil. tomorrow i'll check over the gas lines, check for blocks and clean air filter. any other suggestions out there woudl be welcome.

thx.

signed,

very frustrated.
Others have said the Clymer- Honda 50cc-110cc OHC singles 1965-1999 service manual covers these engines. As they are a (or very close) copy of these old Honda engines. I've been meaning to pick one up but haven't got around to it yet.

As for no start on the quad.

Pull the plug- is it wet or dry?

Check for good Spark

if its sparking good and seems dry( not soaked with fuel)

Check for fuel at the carb by pulling off the line there.

then tell us what you find.

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc