Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Baja 90cc

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006 | 01:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hey Abom, let us know if you get one. Also, feedback on issues, work-arounds, good things and bad things are appreciated. You will find that this forum is a great place to get answers specific to these ATVs.

Good luck and great riding!

DogbertTheConsultant

Old 09-11-2006 | 08:35 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Dogbert;
Thanks again. My thinking re: the sprocket size is based on bicycle gearing. The larger the rear sprocket, the easier to peddle, therefore it should be easier on the engine, but you don't go as far for the same number of engine revolutions. That seems logical to me, but your experience is the opposite. Hmmmmmmm................ Maybe I'll have to visit the formulas.
Enjoy the rest of the riding season.
Camster

Old 09-17-2006 | 09:57 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Hey, I'm new to the site.

I recently bought a Baja 90 for guests at the cottage...I don't like ppl using my ATV (2005 Arctic Cat)

The damn thing is a tank. It's just a fun toy, and it's great for the kids.

I haven' taken the govorner off yet, but I'm planning on it this week-end.

Old 10-25-2006 | 12:19 AM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

I have one of these baja 90s for sale in southern NH if anyone is interested contact me, danlvan@verizon.net

Old 10-27-2006 | 03:30 PM
cr4
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

Baja 90 owners, been a little over a year since the start of the thread. How have the units held up? Any experience with the 4 speed model? Any comparisons to other Chinese units (Redcat/Kazuma). Any regrets?

Thanks
(awaiting the PB BlackFriday ad to see if they drop like last year)

Old 10-27-2006 | 03:38 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Baja 90cc

It's a good little machine for youngsters...but thats about it. I brought mine in some trails and I rode it for about 2 hours...the damn thing way over heated and stopped running. Then it would only tun if I took out the air filter. It started bogging wierdly...it basically went ape crap on me. good thing My brother and uncle were following me on the big Arctic Cats and pulled my *** back to the truck... Personally I will never take the Baja in a trail again. I will only trust my Arctic Cats. lol

Old 10-27-2006 | 03:44 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the speedo not working? It worked fine for the first 20 miles, then it was intermitent for the next 3 miles, now it doesn't work at all. The display is still on, it just doesn't show your speed as you drive. I looked at where it is mounted at the rear of the bike and all looks well. Any ideas???

Old 10-27-2006 | 04:51 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hi POL700,

There are two things at the back you need to check for the speedo - one is the receiving unit and the other is a little magnet on a small bracket on the sprocket. They have to be close enough for the receiving unit to sense the magnet but not too close that they touch. We had a problem with one of ours when the sensor came in contact with the magnet and it damaged the receiver, had to get a replacement from Baja. Ours was badly damage so it was obvious. You can take the sensor out of its mount to check it but be careful as it is only plastic. There are two nuts that hold it in place, one on each side of the mount if I recall correctly. Take it out and look for any damage, i.e. cracks, contact marks, etc. If there is nothing obvious with the sensor then it could be a wiring issue. Did you check the connections on the back of the speedometer? They don't seem to be the most robust equipment, the speedo on the other unit eventually went for a crap but it was not a big deal as we had a GPS mounted on the bars and it tells us all we need to know. Hope you can figure out what the problem is.

DogbertTheConsultant

Old 10-27-2006 | 05:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

Hi cr4,

We own two of them, originally bought for my daughter and son but they get used by myself (180 lb. male), friends, etc. They can be a bit tempermental but I am generally pleased with them. They are simple enough in design that when something needs to be done you can manage it on your own if you have some mechanical aptitude and understand the basic working of a bike/atv. We have made some modifications to ours such as changing sprockets, tire size, etc. and that has improved them for our use - gave us more ground clearance and better low end torque. In a nutshell, they are good ATVs for anyone that wants to get into the sport, doesn't want to spend the ridiculous amounts for brand name ATVs, and wants to use them for family fun. They were and are a great introduction to the sport for our family.

DogbertTheConsultant

Old 10-27-2006 | 05:04 PM
Trailblazer
Default Baja 90cc

P.S. No experience with the 4 speed model nor can we compare them to other Chinese ATVs, sorry.

Quick Reply: Baja 90cc