Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Whats wrong with a 4 year old riding?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats wrong with a 4 year old riding?

i dont think people should get on here nd tell people how to raise there kids i feel that its the parents choice how to raise there OWN kid, it pisses me off when neighbors come up to me when im riding in my backyard telling me to be careful and to wear a helmet and crap. just my 2 cents

Old 08-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Sound advice there. "Hey, watch this........"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Fast02blaster18
it pisses me off when neighbors come up to me when im riding in my backyard telling me to be careful and to wear a helmet and crap. just my 2 cents

I've got to really disagree with that. I'm all for each parent setting their own limits for their own child but there are some basic safety rules that must be followed. #1 in my book is to wear a helmet, always, no exceptions. My kids were taught from day #1 that to get on an ATV means to wear a helmet. Even now, if they are only going to drive the ATV's from the driveway down to the storage building, they wear a helmet without questing or complaint. I figure that if we let them go one time without a helmet then it will lead to another and another "just driving over there" that will eventually bite us.

Jaybee

Old 08-13-2005, 10:09 PM
Range Rover

no i mean like before i even get on people with be like wear a helmet... then i will be riding and people will be like "i think you need to slow down" im in my own backyard i can do waht i want

Old 08-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Range Rover

I guess what I am trying to say is that the rules need to be rewritten. I don't see how putting my 4 year old daughter on a dirt bike is safer than putting her on a quad-even though the laws say different. I am upset with some people on here that give me a lecture on how to raise my kids and don't answer the question that I was asking about my kids bike. If you don't want to answer the question then don't tell me how to raise my kids-go to the next post. I am glad that as a family we are able to go out and enjoy riding and have had many fun experiences. Again sorry to blow off steam.

Old 08-14-2005, 09:28 AM
Range Rover

I guess the rules about ages on quads got started back in the three wheeler days?? Don't know! Seems like a fourwheeler would be safer for a kid than a dirtbike.

Old 08-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

i say raise your kids how you want

Old 08-14-2005, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior

People just love to b#$%. Control freaks that think they know what's best for everybody. Common sense doesn't exhist anymore. Some of it is from the fact that someone else is having fun and they can't or maybe just jealous cause they can't provide their kids with the more enjoyable things in life. I get people complaining all the time about me taking my nephews for rides and i know there are dangers but hell you can get hurt walking. If i wouldn't take them for rides they would do nothing but play with their "gameboy" or watch tv. Take it in one ear and let it out the other is all you can do.

Old 08-14-2005, 11:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

OMG where would that put me, my grandson has been riding a 50 since he was 1.5 and now 3 and is riding great!!! Have to check out my pics of a couple shot of him showing how it is done!!!! pic 17 - 18

Old 08-15-2005, 05:08 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's people making poor decisions, like sticking a one year old on a gas powered ride on, that has led to restrictions and laws being adopted. Thanks so much. Hope your grandkid avoids the obituary.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider

I started riding when I was 4, never broke a bone or went to the Dr for any quad related incident. Never had to go to the Dr until I was 21 from the DS. We had the quad when I was 4 and my parents wouldnt let me ride until 5.....Well I was a creative kid with a big hill in my yard. So I would ride it down the hill and never start it....then push it or convince my parents to let me ride it to the top and do it again. Then once I was five i never got off the seat long enough to let the engine cool down. I think its all about parenting up until the point you turn your kids loose with a quad, motorcycle, or even a bike. If your kids do nothing but watch crap on TV and think they can fly like superman then guess what they are probably going to get hurt. But when I was a kid I lived on a farm, I saw animals die, I went hunting, and I knew if I tried to fly like superman gravity would kick my a@@. So I believe I had a better grip on reality than most of my friends when I was a kid. I believe kids and quads are alot like kids and guns. Both things kids can have a fun time with both but its the parents responsibility to make sure the kid understands the damage that can be done to others or yourself using them. I knew if I rode my quad out in the rode that I could be hit by a car, and I knew that if I pointed a gun at something most likely it would die. That wasnt really me thinking, it was my parents impression they left in my head. Also I started shooting at the same age as I started 4wheeling. Even at a young age I knew that my parents gave me responsibility....to myself and to every friend that was riding with me....and I knew not to mess with that too much or else I wouldnt want to ride for a week because of getting my butt kicked by my parents....

Quick Reply: Whats wrong with a 4 year old riding?