Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Advice on a 90-110cc Atv

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 03:32 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on a 90-110cc Atv

My daughter will be needing a new ATV next spring so I am starting to look now. She is on a BTM 50cc unit now. Does anyone have expiereince with the 90 to 110 cc quads? As for brands I would like to stick with a 4 stroke engine fully auto transmission.

Thanks for any input you are willing to share.

Old 08-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Trailblazer

You might take a look at the Kymco quads I have heard great reviews on these.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:07 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you were willing to use a manual (autoclutch) transmission and a pull starter, I would recommend the Honda 90 without a single reservation. Those things are bulletproof (kidproof).

Old 08-29-2005, 12:35 PM
Trailblazer

Second vote for the Kymco.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Unless budget is an issue stay away from those Chinese bikes. Unless you live on a farm and just want to bog threw some puddles. Can’t go wrong with Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki etc. I’m going to take some heat for this but I dont care! I live in San Diego also known as the off road capital of the world. I'm at the track every weekend or at Glamis, Ocotillo etc. I’m an exhibiter at the Sand Sports show and I’ve seen it all and heard it all. Nothing but _hit comes out of that country. They should focus on making fortune cookies that don’t go stale and leave the engines to the Jap's. Ok fella's bring it!

Old 08-29-2005, 04:14 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.

Keep hearing how bad it is from people that don't even own one, but my little chinese quad just keeps chugging along. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2005, 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

Do you have any experience with these or are you just basing your opinion on what you heard?
I checked out every quad I could find in SoCal. Ended up with a 2005 LT-80, which he really likes...
Boys mother is po'd because he can only ride seasonally(red sticker, ya' know), said to get him one that can be ridden year-round. Off to search again.
Only 3 quads this size can be green-stickered in Ca, Honda 90, Yamaha 80, and the Kymco 90.
The Honda and Yamaha are so far behind it's pathetic.

Old 08-29-2005, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

I have NO experience of personally owning one. I wouldnt! As for the China bikes, you cant green stick those either! I've seen the quads at the track and in the desert. We have a lt80 also since 01 and we ride everywhere we have never been asked to show registration. That’s not a good reason to not have it, im just saying I would not pass on the bike of choice just because of the red sticker. I would pay the ticket and keep the bike. Have you done your homework on where you can and can not ride without the green sticker? I have a YZ250F with a red sticker and have never been stopped. If you ride Glamis they are cracking down more then Ocotillo, they need to pay for those 100k sand rails the rangers are driving now. This is just my opinion on the China bikes, I import semiconductors for a living and I can’t begin to tell you about the nightmare stories we hear daily about crap coming out of china. It's not just the bikes that are garbage, its almost anything coming out of that country due to lax quality laws and dirt cheap labor. If you end up buying one I'm anxious to get your opinion once you take delivery. Good luck.

Link to my LT80

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/458351.cfm

Old 08-29-2005, 05:41 PM
Range Rover

I actually own 2 Marshin ATV's (Chinese) 150cc. They have been very good The Chinese are cheap and are made somewhat that way. If you are looking to just trail ride with your kids they work fine. If your going to beat them on a daily basis you'll do much better with a name brand. It comes down to $ and how you use them. In short I will not pay $ 4000.00 for 1 ATV I ride 3 times a month. I will pay $3000.00 for 2 ATV's that I will ride 3 times a month. They are a great way for some families who are on a buget to experience ATV ing, as a family and spending time with the kids. And for me thats what it's about. If you are going to buy one do your research!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all of your input!!

Old 08-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Trailblazer

Have you done your homework on where you can and can not ride without the green sticker?
Yes, more info can be found here.
It is a green-sticker vehicle, stickers aren't issued based upon where the machine is made. It is based on the 8th digit of the vin, either a "C" or "3" and 2003 or newer get the red.
Not all dealers will tell you this, most of the youth quads they are trying to sell are red-sticker vehicles.

cvc42 asked "Does anyone have expiereince with the 90 to 110 cc quads? As for brands I would like to stick with a 4 stroke engine fully auto transmission."

Honda and Yamaha are both manual shift, the Suzuki is a 2 stroke. The Kymco is 4 stroke full auto and for us it works great. See it here.

Quick Reply: Advice on a 90-110cc Atv