Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma trouble?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 05:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma trouble?

The 70cc is manufactured by Jonchang, Kazuma does not manufacture any model, they are merely the Chinese distributor. All Kazuma branded products are manufactured by Stannic Mfg.

They battery acid not being in the crate is pretty normal. I sell these and very rarely, if at all is the acid there. Before my shipment comes in, I buy new batteries for every unit. As far as the "yokes" for the steering wheel, if you need them I can get them for you quickly. The 70cc's we have sold have actually been really reliable other than

1. Disconnect the rear kill tether pull at the bullet connector underneath. You will find after a few hours of use the machine will die while riding it, or you may not be able to start. This is because that plug will not seat correctly to dis-engage the kill switch.
2. You will need shorter bolts for the upper brush guard mounts.
3. Remember that it has a manual choke or you will kill the battery trying to start it.
4. Shut of the alarm with the "unlock" feature on the remote, or use the trickle charger. If you leave the alarm on - it will drain the battery.

We usually fix these things before our customer gets them. I have yet to have one come back for anything other than a tune-up. My daughter drives one and loves it - with zero problems. They are not #1 quality, but definitely not the worst on the market either.

Old 10-09-2005, 07:43 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma trouble?

CASPER1276,
WOW,thats encouraging..I allready had issues with the front bumper gaurd bolts as you mentioned,AND I allready had the battery go DEAD on me,AND I allready lost spark because of the rear teather..Im impressed with your knowledge of this vehicle...I have repaired everything except I still have nothing to hold the handlebars to the steering stem yet,and HIGHRPMRACER still has not given me a definate answer yet on shipment of this part.

Now tell me how fast I can get a steering yoke [as you put it] and its cost?

I need the steering part that will fasten the handlebars to the steering itself.It appears like it may attach with 4 bolts and some sort of steering bracket.

Sincerly,

Bill
e-mail---haynez2@aol.com

Old 10-09-2005, 02:15 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma trouble?

Another point on the 70cc that you have. These units tend to be hard starting in cool weather. Not sure if it is a mismatch on the starter, or possibly a different battery would solve this. We are experimenting with this when the weather gets a little colder. Some distributors recommend 20w50 motor oil, which is fine with ambient daytime temperatures above 70 degrees. When the temperature drops though, we have switched to a lighter weight, like Valvoline 10w30 or 40 ATV oil. This seems to make it a lot easier start in cold weather. Just be sure to switch back to the heavier weight in the summer to prevent engine damage.

Old 10-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Kazuma trouble?

The spark plug change-over for the 70cc is the Autolite 4194. The factory plug fouls easily.