Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Pro Mx 90R

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2006, 11:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pro Mx 90R

fast350 dido, and yes gregs an ***, "eastside" when we got ares and my neighor got one too , his wouldnt go at all ,it would start but the clutch wouldnt ingage, and wouldnt run right, are wouldnt run right had wrong pipe "but greg sent us new pipes and clutch parts and i got them screaming then my son bent the swingarm then he bent the axle then he broke the tranny gears and all the other mods iv done to get it where its at now, but now that iv gone threw everything its been great son is flying on it , son has won 5 series on a kasea and 1 of witch is on the aasco and hes getting faster every race so we're pleased with the aasco90 ,

Old 03-31-2006, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default Pro Mx 90R

Fast 350 I have a crank that I believe will work on the pro of your buddys bike that broke. I would give him if he wanted to pay for shipping.
I am currently modifying 1 of them for CC racing. Theres alot more power to be had in those bikes too with some mods, and a gussett kit would be one of the first thing I would do as well as a better swingarm/ suspension. In my opinion they are gonna be a good bike. I'd buy one from somewhere else and mod it your self you'll save money and get the right stuff on the bike from the start. $275-300 for a pipe, $150 for porting, $50- $100 for clutching, $100-$125 for a carb, and spend the rest on nerfs, shocks,swingarm and gussets you'll have the flaws fixed. All race bikes break and the cobra too.

Old 03-31-2006, 09:55 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pro Mx 90R

I own broke down aasco this bike it is not what it is said to be. The pipe is not what it is suppose to be the rollers are junk the clutch set up is junk nothing is what greg says it isMy daughters cobra has had 2 years on it with no problems if only the 90 kit would have been avaliable when we bought this piece of junk. I ordered everything and i mean everything from hetrick today to not have any aasco/Apex parts from pipe to clutch to head and tranny crank i may now feel better 2 races from and eight year old girl and trashed it what a machine all owners of these must be proud. No mods will make this in a cobras class period i have them both.

Old 04-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Pro Mx 90R

that would be great but i would want to give you something for the crank. what mm is the crank you have and how much would you want ot sell it for. is the crank a stock part or a aftermarket crank. that for the reply ill call to you soon. and thanks again. i was told to move the shock mount to lower the height and the stiffness of the shock but they didnt say exactly how i know you have to do it at the top mount but what steps do i take. thanks again!!!
BY THE WAY COBRA RULES ALL MINI'S IN MY EYES. WE ARE RACING THE KING NOW AND IT DOMINAATES THE SENIOR CLASS AND LAST YEAR WE RAN THE COBRA PW3 OIL INJECTED AND THEY WERE SMASHING ALL CONTENDERS. OUR TRX 90 IS BY FAR THE MOST RELIABLE MACHINE EVER BUILT FOR THE 90 CLASS AND A STRONG RUNNER WITH THE ICR 125 KIT. DUAL A-ARM ARE BEST AFTERMARKET UPGRADE YOU COULD INVEST IN THEY MAKE HE LANDING ALOT MORE CONTROLLED. MY BUDDY'S COBRA 70 ECT WILL SMASH ANYTHING IT RUNS AGAINST INCLUDING THE TRX 125 KIT. CANT GO WRONG WITH THE COBRA IF YOU GOT THE MONEY.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pro Mx 90R

Where the heck were you guys when I was asking about this machine? Kasea90, I know we talked a little but I don't recall you mentioning this thread. I've got the machine now so I guess it is what it is. Since it's in pieces, I would just as soon make the mods I need to make before turning the boy loose on it. Everybody here seems to be in agreement regarding the swingarm; stock swingarm is too soft. Should I go ahead and buy an aftermarket and if so, are you guys running stock length or longer? What about a gusset kit? Whose are you using? Anybody else have a problem with the cvt? Fast350, did the cvt come apart due to something coming loose? Had your friend been inside changing springs, rollers or anything or did this happen straight from the factory? I'll take my chance on the axle for now. I'm sure somebody makes an aftermarket. Scott at westcoast quad (formerly eastside) said Lonestar has an axle now and TCS has shocks to fit. One last question: Mine showed up with a warning sticker saying 100 octane minimum. What are you guys running in the bike? Can you boost the 91 pump gas to get it up there or am I stuck buying racing fuel? That would have been nice to know before hand. Dang, the way it looks now I should have gone ahead and bought a Cobra with the cvt kit. Probably been cheaper in the long run.

Old 04-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pro Mx 90R

1888 434 2887 digginfool i own the aasco that lost its crank on out this machine has lots of problems YOur biggest problem will be believing West coast quads about anything on these. Get a hold of Quad central motorsports 1-888-434-2887 T;hey haved a plus 1 swing arm for 350 and a 12.5 shock for the rear for $550 They are also very knowledgeable and can help ;you with anything. The are dealers for apex (aasco pro shark Mx ) Performance wise once you work out the problems i recomened the 28mm carb differnt reeds and for sure change the gearing. Also change the filter to a dual stage uni.

Old 04-26-2006, 11:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default Pro Mx 90R

diggin, just guset the stock swingarm ,I wouldnt go longer do to the fact the quad is long enough allready,I relocated the shock forward on the frame and im using a 11 inch fox float "air shox" its used for xr 50s so far its working well ,the stock shock works if you move it forward it softens and lowers the rear, hey its just like anything else fix it when it needs fixin the quads ok, I also have taken about 40 pounds out of this quad ,wiring the metal plates under the nurfs replaced with aluminum ,my neighbor and i are making billet grab bars for ares it anybody wants one let me know,

Old 04-27-2006, 12:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default Pro Mx 90R

mx dad we're using 20-30 its working good for us what are you using? what kind of tracks are you racing?

Old 04-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Trailblazer
Default Pro Mx 90R

kasea 90 we are running a 19-28 with snow hogs and when its a little sloppy were running a 19-33 with turf tamers. Our tracks are big but technical a couple spots where they can be opened up but not much. I would be interested in one of those grab bars what are you wanting out of them. Let me know.

Old 04-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Trailblazer
Default Pro Mx 90R

Are you guys running castor or synthetic? What ratio? Also, for the MX 90, the sticker says minimum 100 octane. Am I stuck driving 30 miles to buy racing fuel or are there additives that will raise 91 pump gas to 100 octane? Thanks.