Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Great Lakes ATV, Worst experience of my life!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005 | 08:11 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default Great Lakes ATV, Worst experience of my life!!!!!

I refrained from posting the whole story on this, until I had given them every opportunity to correct it, now I feel I must tell this tale here, and everywhere I can, so that no-one ever orders so much as a bolt from these scammers. I bought a Kazuma 250 Adult quad. 1st off I ordered this 7 weeks ago, they promised deliver in 7-10 days. I waited, waited, waited, and waited. I called, and emailed and kept getting it's on the way response. Finally it came. I signed for the crate, as it was in good condition. I opened it up, and it was beat to hell!! front fender gone, not even in the crate, just broken off and gone. Broken temp gauge, severed brake hose, and severed accelerator cable. bent front rotor, so that wheel wont even turn. I called NOT SO great lakes, and reported it that night, owner said it was fault of shipper, and gave me the girls name to talk to in the morning at his Co. to help me file a claim. I called, she took info, and said sahe would get right back to me. She never did. Next day I called her again, put on hold for 10 minutes then cut off. Called back, left 3 messages for her to call me back throughout the day. Next day, called 1st thing in the morning from a different phone, she answered, this time she wrotye down what parts I needed, so that they could charge me for them, and send out so I could at least drive this thing, also promised to fax me invoice so I could file a claim w/ shipper. She never faxxed it. I called next day, she said she didnt even know if they had the parts in stock, but would fax invoice so I could file claim. Again no fax. Next day I tried all day to contact, left message after message, no return call. Next day get a hold of her, she says, " I am to busy to deal w/ you now, I have to call you bacK" I asked her to fax me pleaseso I could get this claim goin, she grunted "yeah, sure". I asked her if she could tell me if she had the parts, that they have now billed my credit card for in stock, she said she didnt know, I asked if she could switch me to parts, she said they are to busy right now to help me, and hung up. This was 3 days ago now. So here I am w/ a quad I cannnot drive. Parts I have ordered, and paid for to make it run, but dont know if tehy are in styock or if they will indeed ever make it here. I have disputed the whole purchase w/ my CC company, buut doubt the main purchase of $1,999.00 will be able to be helped at this point. Owner of the Co. will not answer my calls, nor will he answer my emails. Anyways, whatever you do, do NOT do any business w/ these people!! I will add, in defense of the shipper, this damage was not done by them, this was like this form the get go. I tried to explain that to them, but they said that was impossible, these units are carefully inspected, prior to shipment. I dontr see how that damage can magically happen, w/ no damage to the cardboard around the crate though?? Almost like magical damage. To the owner Paul Silva, well sleep w/ one eye open my friend!!!

Old 12-20-2005 | 09:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You REALLY NEED to follow up with your credit card company. Most of the time they will go to bat for you and you will eventually get your money back. Most of these companies dont even see the atv's that are sent out. They come from a main warehouse or shipped from overseas straight to the customer. These interned dealers are the middle man and actually never see the product. Dont give up. Keep in touch with the card company. they do the investigating for you and can refund your money and get it back from the company if they find them at fault. The big thing with these is that people do not inspect what is inside the crate. You would have had the right to refuse the crate. Now that you excepted it this pretty much lets the trucking company off the hook even if they did not actually do any damage.

Old 12-20-2005 | 09:46 PM
|
Trailblazer

Yep. Like I said 2 manytoys, the crate looked to be just fine. i.e. cardboard was not punctures or torn. No driver is gonna hang around why ya unbolt that goofy steel crate anyways. I dont think there were 2 of the same nut or bolt on the thing. Anyways, a simple sorry, lets get those parts out to ya woulda been acceptable, I woulda even been willing to split the cost w/ them, but to just run and hide, and hope I will go away is just foolish on their end. Hopefully my cc company will help me. Luckily I used my corporate card that I run anywhere between 80-120k a year on for my business, and have used them for years will pull some weight. Even if it doesnt, 2 G's isnt gonna ruin me, but I will go out of my way to ruin this boob at Not so Great Flakes.

Old 12-20-2005 | 10:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Well I guess I can say Im glad 2k wont kill ya but the money is not the point. It is companies like them that give these atv's a bad name. Thats why Raceway is a good company because they actually care about the customer after the sale. Hope everything goes your way. I know it might take some time. Maybe you should order another one from Raceway in the mean time.

Old 12-20-2005 | 11:02 PM
|
Trailblazer

No, dont get me wrong 2K is alot of money 4 me!! And is definately enough to reallly get me worked up over, but luckily not enough to put me and my family out in the street. Your right though, it is Companys like this that ruin it for alot of people. I must say, I have done probably 90% of all my purchasing on the net since its inception, must be over 1,000+ purchases easily(yikes), and have only had this bad experience, and another time I ordered some DVD's that never came. Company said tehy shipped, I never got them, long story short, it came down to blamin UPS for not getting my signature, so I dropped the dispute.(I value my UPS guy leavin things at my back door unsigned when we are not home to much, than to miss deliveries for signatures in the future over 50 bucks, so let that slide). But this one is just nuts. Worst of it is their attitude about the whole thing, as that I'm a bother because they sent me a useless product. I'm findin out all kinds of things about this company now. Shame on me for not doin my research before hand, but I fell for this guys pitch on how he was the cats meow of Kazuma dealerships for price and service. Yeah some service!! And the price is out the window now as it just keeps building.

Old 12-20-2005 | 11:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thats too bad that information about the good dealers and bad dealers cant get out to everyone that is looking for one of these atv's. Unfortunately they have to learn the hard way like you.

Old 12-21-2005 | 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

HIGH RPM RACER did exacatly the SAMETHING to me when I ordered a 70cc ATV from them.Parts GALORE were missing and NOBODY would send me parts or even answer the phone.I got pissed and called the credit card company,they took care of EVERYTHING for me.

Dont give up on your credit card company,they'll help you out.Call John at RaceWay.

Old 12-21-2005 | 11:23 PM
|
Trailblazer

Muddy, what did your CC Co. do?? Did they make arrangements to have it shipped back to them?? I want to order one from John at Raceway, but I have to wait till this is resolved due to the chance it's not resolved yet, w/ my luck I would not be as lucky as you w/ the cc company. I just sent in the form w/ all the vitals to them. I sure hope this gets resolved quickly. The more I think about it, the madder I get.

Old 12-22-2005 | 12:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Wow I can not believe your experience with Great Lakes..We were going to buy from the EBay route then checked out the online dealers. After reading all the positive/good experiences withRaceway decided it would be safer to go with them...So glad I did,cause here's what happened..

I ordered 2 mini 90cc'sfrom Raceway, both arrived within a weeks time. One of the boxes was really badly damaged and the ATV was also damaged. It was after hours at Raceway so I dropped an email telling them the condition of the ATV. I asked them to please contact me ASAP to relieve my anxieties. Danielle contacted me within 15 min. via email assuring me not to stress out they would do whatever I wanted. Be it, send parts(plastics and whatever else) in order for it to be ready for Christmas morning or to replace the unit with another but it may not be at my home for Xmas morning.
I asked if I could just return the broken one b/c there is a local guy that sells them, although for more $$+Tax. Danielle said absolutely and made arrangements for the unit to be picked up that afternoon.
I call that great customer service...My $$ were refunded once they confirmed the carrier had the ATV..
Thanks Raceway .

Oh your purchases made with a credit card are usually are refundable when you receive defective and damaged merchandise. It may take a few weeks though.

Old 12-22-2005 | 10:21 AM
ssa
Weekend Warrior

edited by ATV Connection Moderator

Quick Reply: Great Lakes ATV, Worst experience of my life!!!!!