Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

please help!!!! sunl 90cc trouble son dying to ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help!!!! sunl 90cc trouble son dying to ride

yes just unplug it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

and no it will not affect anything else..

Old 12-29-2005, 01:12 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks, any insight on why it wont start? cool pics by the way.

Old 12-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

I have to agree with dbeck. the chargers they send are junk, I had to use an automotive type charger set on it's lowest setting to charge mine the first time. when I did get it to start it ran bad for a little bit but the more we ran it the better it got. we now have about two hours on it and it starts and runs great..

Old 12-29-2005, 02:32 PM
Pro Rider

i agree slso their battery charger's are junk neither one of our worked, thats why i suggested a two amp charger, the batteries on top says 3 amps max charge is 30 minutes, .6 amps 8-10 hours, one of our batteries won't hold a charge eaither, but i put the 2 amp charger on it for 10 minutes, it charges fine , then it's start right up and runs find, i did order a new battery and two battery chargers that i can keep plug in while the atv's not being used. the chinesse not very good making batteries yet.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:26 PM
Range Rover

I've also had battery and maybe charger problems on my 90. I haven't yet tried a car charger but I'll do that next. Where did you order a battery from? I've had a hard time finding them locally. My dealer told me to go directly to Sunl since they are in Houston, but I haven't tried that yet. He says they will sell to me if I tell them he sent me.

Old 12-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks for the info, my brother has a portable car charger im going to use it tonight, and see how that goes, as for the battery itself my dealer is shipping me a new one free so i guess ill try that if the charger doesnt do it. ill keep you posted as i get results. thanks for everyones help. cool

Old 12-29-2005, 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

i just went to the internet and did a search atv batteries, you can find them from $24.00-$35.00 most with free shipping over $50.00 if not they want like $10.00 for shipping. if you want go to www.motorcyclebatteries.com and you can get an extra 5% off if you use code MBUSA007.

CHRISSROD

make sure you don't overcharge the battery, these a gel batteries have no vents it doesn't take much to overcharge them. i won't charge it anymore than 15 minutes unless it's a very small charger like 1-2 amps, also i'm with agreement with unplugging and removing it completely . ours smoke a lilttle when we first started them (both) for the first time but after about 15 min or so quit smoking and both are running terrific right now,they start right up even when cold in the mornings, i do start them on blocks and let them run at a little highter rpm's then you could without the blocks. good luck, bill

Old 12-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I went to unplug the tether in the back of quad and theres two whiteish plugs do i unplug both? they are the same length and both go to the tether. please let me know. thanks

Old 12-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There should be two connectors zip-tied to a metal bar below the plastic, IIRC. One should be to the tether - probably two wires. The other is for the tail light - three wires.

Are you sure that both go to the tether?

If so, then yours is different than mine and you will need to unplug both. But, I bet that on further inspection you'll see that one goes to the tail light. In which case, only unplug the two-wire connector.

Rodney

Old 12-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

mine is the same as rodneygtdescribed.

Quick Reply: please help!!!! sunl 90cc trouble son dying to ride