Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Kazuma Falcon 110 First impression/Review

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kazuma Falcon 110 First impression/Review

Scott, i am new to this forum stuff.. today.. BUT last year i boght a kabooma 250 as i like to call it. for my boy who was 13. i will say this it hauled the mail but every time we went out i had to work on it.. bolts & parts falling off all the time. the exhaust broke offf the first day. so i put a white bros slip on to it , ditch the air box and went to a uni filter, rejet and it worked great. except it always was falling apart. at the dunes over halloween 05 i had enough and bought him a honda trx 250 excellent quad. the kabooma did the dunes, cinders,& desert fine , but the falling apart was annoying. LOCKTIGHT everthing with red and enjoy. my daughter is only three and has a recat 50 that she rides. 6 is not too young.

Old 02-12-2006, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Has been riding one thing or another since I was 11 years old.(31 years).

scott, you may want to look at where the steering rods are attached to the column. the 250 i had for my son was very touchy in the steering.. turned very fast and far, was hard for him to control in soft ground. we redrilled the holes closer to the post and set them in and it helped.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

TrueGritScott, happydad, reconner,

Are the Falcon 110's you are talking about the Regular Falcons or Baby Falcon 110's. I'mm size shopping for a quad that will cover a big 6 y.o. to a 12 y.o.

Old 02-15-2006, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

Kaylasdaddy,
When you refer to the steering going to fast and too far, especially in the soft stuff. Is it like the wheel would turn too far in the soft stuff and get stuck, locked out kind of. I am posting pictures on my page to show you what Im talking about. That was the major problem I was having with my sons. I also am having a major issue with the size of the baskets.

Old 02-16-2006, 04:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Are any of you racing the Kazuma. If so, how is this bike compared to the others. Have you placed in mods in the engine to get a few more ponies out of it?

Old 02-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Trailblazer

onabudget,

the one 'santa' brought for the kids is the sfx-110. fits my 9 yr old and 11 yr old perfectly.

Old 02-16-2006, 10:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: reconner
onabudget,

the one 'santa' brought for the kids is the sfx-110. fits my 9 yr old and 11 yr old perfectly.

Great, the SFX is the Baby Falcon. Thats the info I needed. Thank You

Old 02-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. Couple of updates.

I ordered those Ebay wheel spacers, should be in this week. Will post when I get them installed.

Had a new nut come loose. One I would not have thought to Loctite....On the rear axle, the right side are 2 nuts that keep the axle in position. They loosened and the axel slipped to the side. This made the rear sprocket freewheel. No damage done and an easy fix, but be aware and loctite those 2 nuts on the axel.

The chain is fine after getting the new master link at a do-it center. Cost $1.50 for a size 50 link. No biggie, hope all my problems are this easy to fix.

I have done no other mods to the quad. I do not know the difference between the mini falcon and the fullsize one. The one we have is bigger then the Kazuma 50 and 90. My 6 year old has been really riding the heck out of it. I did not throttle it back any for him. He goes into second gear and I doubt he ever goes over 15 MPH.

As for racing, to me this is not the quad for it. It is a kids starter. I forsee buying a Jap quad within the next 2 years for him as I can see he'll want more. I have country kids, they shoot BB guns and are woodsy types who can ride daily. With that said they will outgrow this quad by the time they are 8 or 9 I'd guess, but I we not there yet so it is a guess. Part of the reason I'd be hesitant to do any heavy duty racing or 4 wheeling is the quad has a very stiff suspension and site somewhat high. Do not get me wrong, to date I think it was $1000 VERY well spent, considering that high end battery kids quads are $3-400. A value for 1k, but not a $3000 dollar quad by any means. To me the minor issues are not a big deal. The advise found here is right on. Change the original oil immediatly, loctite everything right off and it seems like a great value.

Regards to all,
Scott

Old 02-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Weekend Warrior

Update,

Received 2 sets of the Ebay wheel spacers. The seller never really confirmed shipment, but I received them the day after my post. No complaints. They looked good. Only put on the set for the reat wheels. They widen up the back VERY nicely. Seems to add quite a bit of stability. I like them and recommend them at this point. If they break off in a month I'll update, but they seem strong enough for kids. If a full grown man started jumping the quad I'd be a bit worried.

One odd thing. My buddy took the boy riding down at the creek. They did a bunch of splashing and riding through water. It was a 50 degree day. Next day we drop down to 10 degrees and the front wheels are frozen solid. Will not turn a millimeter. We're froze pretty bad. Funny thing is My Suzi Eiger was running the water too and is not frozen. Guess it is more sealed up then the Kazuma.

Anyhow will keep you all posted.

Regards,
Scott

Old 02-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Pro Rider

That's weird...

Quick Reply: Kazuma Falcon 110 First impression/Review