Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

lt80 clutch rollers

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lt80 clutch rollers

hi i have just got an lt80 not sure wat model not sure how to tell but its a bit slugish pulling away i dnt have much tools or knowledge on the engine but is it a big job to remove side casing and to remove to of the six rollers does anyone have pics or can tell me wat it involves pls thank you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 01:01 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert
Received 32 Likes on 31 Posts

Welcome to the forums. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I pm'd you the directions.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2006, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, Its easier then it looks. The first time it will take you 30-45 min. After a few times you will have it down to a science. Follow LT80's instructions.

Old 01-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hello,

Could you send me a set of the directions also?

Thanks,
Brian

Old 01-25-2006, 04:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Hymis
Hello, Its easier then it looks. The first time it will take you 30-45 min. After a few times you will have it down to a science. Follow LT80's instructions.
Isn't that the truth [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I think I have it down to a couple minutes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Cordless Impact wrench, cordless drill then viola [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I should be on somebody pit crew....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

GRAZ,

I started out as you are, not much if any knowledge at all about these things.
Lots of reading and picking brains on here, and lots of trial and error.
The LT is pretty easy, you'll get the hang of it. Especially with the help you'll get on here.

Good Luck

Old 01-25-2006, 12:33 PM
Trailblazer

hate to bother you lt80 but could you also pm me the directions also thanx in advance
jd

Old 01-25-2006, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

The hot ticket is having the foot pegs cut in half and making an insert to re-stiffen them up. I bought a stainless hex set of bolts for the clutch cover and I also use a power drill to remove the bolts. 2-min flat. The kit cost about 14.00 and they are worth their weight in gold. Check ebay for the set. I can now take the clutch apart replace the rollers, lightly sand the rear clutch shoes and have the whole thing back together in less then 15 min. You might also want to eliminate the oil injection system. The oil injection sucks! If the bike sits the carb fills up full of oil and clogs everything up. It only causes problems and the line gets in the way every time you want to remove the clutch case. The easy way is to cut the line and insert a toothpick into the line to block it off, then just mix your own gas. I cut my line at the carb and found a rubber niple to cover the line and used a tiny clamp. Very clean!

Old 01-25-2006, 04:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

Hymis...Oceanside..... I gotta tell ya, I'm on my diet again (no red meat) and all I can think about is that famous hamburger place a block from the ocean. Big a$$ burgers!! Twas great! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-25-2006, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Ha! Thats classic! I think your talking about " Angelo's Burgers " they are big, however next time your in California you need to hit up "IN and Out Burger " Nothing even comes close. Order a double double animal style. You cant go wrong!

Old 01-26-2006, 11:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
LT80 Expert

hehe, had an In and Out at the Thousand Palms exit where I stayed for 3 days after crashing at Glen Helen [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I also made a joke while in Phoenix. I was late to the rehersal diner. They asked where I was and I told em I was at the In and Out. They are good! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: lt80 clutch rollers