Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

250 falcon problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 250 falcon problem

damn good thread..
do any of these mods apply to the falcon 150?

Old 05-07-2006, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Sir,
Listen to Bill2009 and i8amm...they have a lot of advice and can tell you what you need to make that 150 scream. I'm in the latter part of my stage and hope that mine will run like theirs. SEADAWG

Old 05-08-2006, 12:04 AM
Trailblazer

SEADAWG

The twist throttle kit I got from Dennis Kirk was # 51-880. If you type this into the search by part number it will come right up. Another word of advice is to make some sort of bracket to attach from the carb to the top of the head to stabilize it. My intake manifold cracked, which is a common problem anyway, but probably would have lasted longer had there been some support from it to the engine in some way. I would advise attaching or supporting it to/by the frame since the motor moves a bit inside the mounts and would probably make the problem worse. I am going to make up an aluminum intake and join the carb to it using a piece of radiator hose. The radiator hose should hold up a lot better since it is reinforced and is a tougher rubber compound.

i8amm

Old 05-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the help...again[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hey, I was told early from my local dealer to make a brace. What I did was built a rubber mount underneath the carb and it keeps it from bouncing. Maybe I need to look at both ideas. When I get this new kit, I will make it from top and bottom. You're the man. Thanks!

Old 05-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

AFROracing
the falcon 150 uses the honda gy6 engine, their's a lot of after market performace items for this engine. the first and easiest is to install lighter roller weights, then a k&n airfilter but remember you must rejet with the airfilter, from their on the sky the limit for this engine, you can buy 4 valve heads, cams, carbs, anything you can think of is available for this engine, if you need any more information let me know i'll try and help

bill

Old 05-08-2006, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer

sweet...
the carb that came on this thing has a lever type throttle, it's hard as heck on my thumb and my daughter has no chance, I am thinking a normal round slide would fix the problem...
I am really interested on any advise to can give..

What K&N filter to use?

Maybe we should start a Falcon 150 Mods thread!!
Started it!

Old 05-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Trailblazer

There are clip and clamp on items that make the lever type throttles easier to push. If you need GY6 parts look on Honda scooter and dune buggy sites. I believe I put some links up for SEADAWG in this post if you want to check them out. You can even do a search for GY6 and get a ton of sites.

i8amm

Old 05-09-2006, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

Bill/i8amm,
When I put this new carb (I order the throttle kit today[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img], how did you plug the hold in the intake. Can I just fill it with a glue/JB Weld type substance? SEADAWG

Old 05-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer

Seadawg,

I put a piece of tubing on the brass nipple coming out of the intake, folded it over and put a zip tie on it. You can always pull it out and put a dab of RTV over the hole. I went with the tygon tube so I could always keep an eye on it and make sure it was sealed properly. I have an extra piece with the fold and zip tie on it in the tool kit should something happen to the original on the trails. I also have a tube of RTV should I need to fill in the hole or make some other repairs on the trails.

i8amm

Old 05-16-2006, 02:55 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: i8amm
There are clip and clamp on items that make the lever type throttles easier to push. If you need GY6 parts look on Honda scooter and dune buggy sites. I believe I put some links up for SEADAWG in this post if you want to check them out. You can even do a search for GY6 and get a ton of sites.

i8amm
clips and clamps?
where?

thanks

Quick Reply: 250 falcon problem