Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Jetmoto150cc Quad Review and Tech Tips...

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2006, 03:05 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jetmoto150cc Quad Review and Tech Tips...

Jetmoto 150cc Purchased from www.racewayatv.com
Engine 4 Stroke Horizontal Air Cooled
Displacement 150cc
Compression Ratio 9.2:1
Brake Lines Steel Braided
Brakes (Front) Disc (Hydraulic)
Brakes (Rear) Disc (Hydraulic)
Dimensions (LxWxH) 62"x39"x42"
Front Suspension Dual A-Arm Front Shocks
Front Tire Size 20x7-8
Idle Speed (rpm) 1600
Max. Torque (Nm/rpm) 7.65/6000
Ignition CDI Electric
Max. Load 290 lbs.
Max. Speed 40 mph
Rear Suspension Monoshock
Rear Tire Size 19x9.5-8
Seat Height 31"
Spark Plug A7TC
Standard Power (kw/rpm) 5.0/7000
Transmission Fully-Automatic with Reverse
Transmission System Chain Drive
Weight 250 lbs.
Wheel Base 45"[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 03-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Trailblazer

Okay, I know there are other 150 reviews but this is mine from the beginning of my sons Jetmoto 150cc quad. I purchased a 125cc jetmoto which was lost according to the the shipping company. Called John at Raceway when they told me this and he promplty took action, and he upgraded it to a 150cc and sent a new one the following Monday which arrived on Wednsday!!! It showed up in a crate which was WELL packaged and even the cardboard it was wrapped in looked untouched. My wife and I took it out of the crate and put it together in a couple of hours, would have been quicker but I have a three year old that likes to help! Didnt have the chance to get the electronics connected and it was getting late and I was not going to bed without starting it first. One nice thing I noticed although on the left opposed to the right is a kick start if the electric start is not working or just not hooked up yet. Took a couple of minutes kicking it over and then fired right up, idled for 20 minutes and then shut it down for the night. That was last night, I got home today and called up the buddies to check it out and seeing how we all ride name brand bikes and quads so this was a big test. Visual test passed right away, everyone like the medium size quad, I had people jumping on the front checking the suspension to lifting the rear for sag and travel, so far so good. Next, starting it up and this time I let my buddy start it and with no electronics it was the kick start that fired it up with just one kick and no choke!!! I dont know if it was just the beer talking but we all had a blast starting it and hearing the nice deep sound it has. We all were testing it out in front of the house and even some of my friends that were busting my chops for buying it were slapping high fives. I talked to JetmotoUSA and they told me about some really exciting products that are soon to hit there site along with what they already have. This quad actually came from JETMOTOUSA in partner with Racewayatv.com I just found out and I have to say, A+ on customer service so far! This to me is more important than anything and in fact is the reason why I even went forward with buying not just one but two chinese quads from them, 90cc mini falcon and the jetmoto150cc. I will have more tommorrow when we take it out to the track and give it a little warm up run, nothing too major until it's broke in and then......IT'S ON!!!

Old 03-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Trailblazer

So my first real ride today beat me up pretty good. There's not much suspension in the front or rear so I took 90 percent of the jumps and bumps but I also have to admit most kids wont be riding like I was. After jumping the quad over a set of doubles I got about 4 feet of air each time. If I jump and dont bring the nose down so all fours land together it almost throws me off the quad cause the suspension does not absorb much of any impact. Shocks are the first thing I'm replacing, the next problem I encountered was the foot pegs.

Now listen up anyone who has one or is getting a Jetmoto Quad, modify the rubber on the foot pegs before you ride cause this could really get someone hurt. I bruised my ankle up pretty good cause the rubber just rolls when I would land from a jump and then my ankle would go right into the crankcase. Remember that I'm getting about 4' of air on this thing when I say this.

The next mod I will get are wheel spacers which I would recommend to anyone and everyone buying any chinese quad cause the extra width will only make it more stable for turns and hard riding.

This quad is really cool cause although there were a couple of things above I mentioned that I didnt like, there are tons of things I totally dig about this quad.

Power is okay on the bottom end which makes it perfect for my ten year old especially since he's still getting used to riding. It's power on the middle to top end is very impressive especially for a fully automatic.

First hit of the starter and it fires right up everytime although cold I do use the choke for a minute and let it warm up before taking off.

The Jetmoto150 is a big hit with everyone I was out with and even people that were just around us made there way to see what kind of quad this was and where I bought it from. Once I was done with jumping and racing it around the track people just started making there way over to hang out by are trucks. I let some kids ride it first in our group and then it was like a line formed to ride the quad next and I'm not even talking about kids, all the adults wanted a chance to take it out. Kids and novice adult riders were liking it so much they started to talk to me as if I sold them but I told them the site that I bought it from and how much. Next thing I know I have people taking out pens and paper writing down phone numbers and email addresses to send them the link for the site to purchase these with my recommendation cause many of them were looking to buy soon but didnt know where they should by them from. We have a couple local dealers but they sell quads and bikes named after animals or something. I sent them to Racewayatv.com and promised to email them the link so they would not forget.

With some modifications this thing could really make a stand in the ATV market, especially from the feedback I had today!!!!

Old 03-27-2006, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

I took my sons 150 Jetmoto to my buddies house on a little track with three small jumps on it and if you are familiar with quads and know when to lean the quad does pretty good with intermediate riding. I jumped the quad a couple of times and had some pictures taken and will upload them in a day or two. The biggest jump I hit was about a two and a half foot onto flat ground at about 12mph and it held up pretty good for a bone stock knockoff. I pushed the quad pretty hard around the track for about half an hour and then stopped to check the quad out. I have to say, nothing broken, nothing leaking, and no wierd smells from the motor. I raced the track shadowing my buddy's CRF250, although he didnt leave second gear on the CRF the quad did really well, hitting all the jumps, woops, and berms and although I had to do a lot of leaning through the turns we all agreed the quad rated at about a 10 for a stock medium size quad after market or not. The rating also takes in consideration that's it's a fully automatic, so it is a 10 for my ten year old. I dont plan on putting this quad through much more of this type of track testing cause it had already proven itself ten fold for my ten year old. I would love to get another one and add some mods to really see what it can do. Overall, this is quad is worth every penny.

Old 03-27-2006, 04:02 PM
Trailblazer

Just some FYI,
After comparing the quads Jetmoto150, Patriot150, and the Kazuma150 here's what I found;

Length Width Height Wheel Base Seat Height Compression Dry Weight Transmission Brakes
Jetmoto125 60" 39" 41" 44" 29" 9.2:1 250lbs 4spd Semi-Auto w/R Chain Drive Disc/Disc Hydraulic
Jetmoto150 62" 39" 42" 45" 31" 9.2:1 250lbs Fully Automatic w/R Chain Drive Disc/Disc Hydraulic
Jetmoto200 65" 39.5" 41.5" 42" 30" 9.2:1 297lbs 5spd w/R Chain Drive Disc/Disc Hydraulic
Patriot150 64" 36" 36" 40" 29" 9.0:1 275lbs Automatic V-Belt w/R Drum/Disc
Patriot200 64" 36" 36" 41" 30" 10:1 280lbs 5spd w/R Drum/Disc
Kazuma150 59" 36" 38" N/A 31" N/A 286/400 CVT Full Auto w/R Disc/Disc
Kazuma250 59" 36" 38" N/A 31" N/A 286/400 CVT Full Auto w/R Disc/Disc

In case anyone is looking to buy soon these are some specs I found important in deciding which to buy for my ten year old son.

Here are the sites I got the info from:
http://www.racewayatv.com
http://jetmotousa.com
http://www.theoffroadoutlet.com

Buying onine worried me but my wife is a research analyst so after her thumbs up we bought from racewayatv.com.......what do you know she was right again and we could not have been happier with our purchase[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2006, 03:44 AM
Trailblazer

Man, looks like I'm going to be trailering this thing all over the place cause since posting and blabbing my mouth about this quad my family and friends want to see if it'll really hold up to there outings. We'll see how it turns out, I'll post pro's and con's after this weekend!

Old 03-31-2006, 06:26 AM
Weekend Warrior

I know this is a Jetmoto 150 quad review, but I would like to know more about the 125. and you guys seem to be pretty knowledgable so I thought I'd go ahead and ask. I'm considering buying 2 of these machines (Jetmoto 125s) for my 14 & 15 year old daughters, they have not ridden quads much, all of their experience having been on a friends LT 80. These girls aren't the aggresive type, won't be racing or attempting doubles or anything of that nature, we ride primarily on the sand with some trail riding (70%-30%). so please enlighten me. Any info. you can provide would be greatly appriciated. I am pretty mechanicly inclined, set up with all the right tools' assembly shouldn't be a problem etc. Do you think this 125 is a good choice for a beginner? I've ridden dirt bikes, 3 wheelers and now Quads (I ride a Raptor) since I was a teenager, about 25 years, I really want to include my kids in something thats given me such a good time through the years!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 03-31-2006, 08:46 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

Welcome to the forum Goldminemechanic, I dont have any experience with the 125 Jetmoto quad. I would personally reccomend the 150's, but only because they are fully automatic. The 125's have a atuo clutch but still need to be shifted.

Old 03-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Trailblazer

Goldminemechanic,
Welcome to the forum. Some things to consider,
how tall are your girls?
do you ride with paddles?
are they comfortable with shifting and with a clutch?
what type of hills/dunes will the quad be climbing?

My ten year old rides trails with us and does not jump at all. The 150 is pretty mellow I just wanted to see how much the quad could handle and looked for any safety issues but do not plan on riding it like I had the first two or three times I took it out anymore. It's a good quad for someone who doest want to shift at all with or without a clutch. He can just get on it and go. If you plan on taking it to the dunes with paddles you might want to go with the 200cc because it's water cooled. Air cooled at the dunes have to keep on the move in order to keep from overheating unless they stay on more flat ground. I have not taken it to the dunes but dont see any problems when I do.

The Jetmoto's have wide wheel base which was one of the most important factors for us when we researched all the off brand quads. I recommend wheel spacers with any off brand but the 150 is fine even without them. It is a medium size quad a little smaller than my wifes Suzuki Z400 and I enjoy riding it around especially when I'm feeling lazy after riding all day because you just get on it and go.

I have no experience on the other Jetmoto's but looking at the specs from each they seem to be pretty similiar.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:05 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I was just wondering if anyone else changed the reverse gear oil in their 150 rear ends. I drained out approx 2.5 ozs and put 3ozs of 90wt GL4/5 gear oil in it. The stock stuff wasnt very impressive to me.

Quick Reply: Jetmoto150cc Quad Review and Tech Tips...