Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

CUT THE BS, THIS STILL NEEDS A CHINESE CATEGORY

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006 | 05:28 PM
Trailblazer
Default CUT THE BS, THIS STILL NEEDS A CHINESE CATEGORY

As Seadawg said, I give as well. I hope nothing that was posted by Seadawg and myself was contstrued as being argumentative with each other. I can vouch for my end that there was no keyboard banging or feelings of animosity. Seadawg concured that we are both on the same page. He created this forum, obviously by the title, to bring about a little above average blah blah response and teamwork on this issue. You can only say so much about why you think there should be a separate Chinese quad section before it becomes repetitive. Seadawg started this topic saying the need is there and I wholeheartedly agree with him and everyone else that agrees with him and everyone else that agrees with them, etc. etc. etc. Someone has to put why they agree with each other for the need of a separate Chinese quad section. I guess Seadawg and I got off on a different direction but the thoughts and beliefs behind our little tangent were/are the same and that is the agreement of needing a Chinese quad forum separate from all others. You can't argue that it didn't open some eyes and create a lot more postings (7 out of 19 in one day) keeping it at the top of the recent forums list and more visible. It did bring squeege into the mix so we could hear his input/views. "Don't be hatin" we're all posting on this forum to obtain the same outcome. Sometimes a little political insight and assumed controversy is good for the mix. All those in favor of a separate Chinese quad section or two say "I" Maybe if we get enough "I" s on this thread someone will say "You can have your separate chinese quad section."

i8amm

Old 04-03-2006 | 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

OK, I agree bring it in on a chinese holiday like Chinia International Labor Day (May 1)...just a thought

Old 04-15-2006 | 01:09 PM
|
Pro Rider

Stud,
Did you put a after market carb and new cable on a Kazuma Adult ATV 250? If so, can you give me the specs. I'll learn to love Howard Dean[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Please...SEADAWG

Guys, we were joking no harm, no foul. We need each other and a little prodddddding once an awhile[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2006 | 12:31 AM
|
Pro Rider

All,
Ignorance is bliss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Keep it going, can't ignore it forever. SEADAWG

Old 12-11-2006 | 01:02 PM
Pro Rider

i agree with you SeaDawg we need a new type of forum for china quads lets get them separated.

jetmoto

redcat, kazuma

and so on...

lets start weeding out the junk.

theres plenty of them too.

how about a good dealer bad dealer thread, so we can weed out the bad dealers, so the consumer isnt getting screwed.

Old 12-11-2006 | 01:34 PM
Pro Rider

atvriders.com has a forum like that for youth quads, they just dont have as many people using it like this site would.

Old 12-11-2006 | 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

While it is true that most of the Chinese quads are for kids, two things still apply. Behind every child with a Chinese ATV, there is/are adult(s) that are responsible for the maintenance on said quads. They would be the ones who would be using that forum. Nobody expects the kids will be using them. Second, the China quads are producing adults quads in great numbers now as well. We need the Chinese forum so that when people come looking for help, they aren't bombarded with others telling them how they should have bought a Jap quad. That's the last thing people want to hear when they are seeking help. The top Chinese manufacturers are making leaps and bounds over their previous products. Maybe the die hard Japs are starting to feel threatened? Either way, I don't think a lack of hits will be an issue for a Chinese quad forum. Go to the Polls section on the front page, I have a poll in there titled "Should Chinese Quads Have Their Own Forum". Vote there and let's let the polls do the speaking on this. With democracy is great power. My two cents. -godIlove2ride. Oh and by the way, I love Jap quads and China quads both. No discrimination on my end.

Old 12-11-2006 | 05:23 PM
Trailblazer

Amen, brother....

I came to the site originally, because I needed a bit of advice, but the first thing I read on my post was that "I should have gotten a Jap bike, then I wouldn't have to do any modifications....well that may or may not be an accurate assessment, It didn't help much...I actually like working on, and improving an original design, I am even as we speak removing the crap bushings on all three atv's(yes, I bought a third Transformer V6 for my first daughter) from the front end, and replacing them with bronze bushings purchased at the Ace Hardware down the street. I don't have a machine shop, but you can turn out some pretty good work with hand tools if you work steadily. My boys 9 and 7 are out there in the garage, helping out, and learning.....

3 110cc Transformers $1197.00
36 various bushings $48.37
6 gently used take off shocks from the area Honda dealer $60.24
2 tubes blue Locktite $9.00
Root Beer for them and not Root Beer for me $20.00
6 quarts of Castrol 40wt $17.54
3 Twist Grip Throttles w/cables(not a necessity) $65.73
3 AutoLite Plugs $6.72
_______
$1424.60

My oldest THREE and I riding the trails together with ZERO lost time on the trail due to breakage is
easily worth that. So give me a Chinese forum, I will continue to own and operate the atvs and repair them if necessary;
but it would be good to find some like-minded gearheads.......give me about a year, and I will wager that I can spend half or less than half as much as for ONE of the "big four" atvs, and ours will be very strong runners.

-d3

Old 12-11-2006 | 06:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2or4wheels
Amen, brother....

I came to the site originally, because I needed a bit of advice, but the first thing I read on my post was that "I should have gotten a Jap bike, then I wouldn't have to do any modifications....well that may or may not be an accurate assessment, It didn't help much...I actually like working on, and improving an original design, I am even as we speak removing the crap bushings on all three atv's(yes, I bought a third Transformer V6 for my first daughter) from the front end, and replacing them with bronze bushings purchased at the Ace Hardware down the street. I don't have a machine shop, but you can turn out some pretty good work with hand tools if you work steadily. My boys 9 and 7 are out there in the garage, helping out, and learning.....

3 110cc Transformers $1197.00
36 various bushings $48.37
6 gently used take off shocks from the area Honda dealer $60.24
2 tubes blue Locktite $9.00
Root Beer for them and not Root Beer for me $20.00
6 quarts of Castrol 40wt $17.54
3 Twist Grip Throttles w/cables(not a necessity) $65.73
3 AutoLite Plugs $6.72
_______
$1424.60

My oldest THREE and I riding the trails together with ZERO lost time on the trail due to breakage is
easily worth that. So give me a Chinese forum, I will continue to own and operate the atvs and repair them if necessary;
but it would be good to find some like-minded gearheads.......give me about a year, and I will wager that I can spend half or less than half as much as for ONE of the "big four" atvs, and ours will be very strong runners.

-d3
2or4wheeles , good post.

and i love your signature.....priceless[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

its funny how guys think that we think that these are as good as jap quads, but we dont, some of us just new what to expect when we bought them, and we figure out how to fix and modify things to make them better.

thanks to guys like 2manytoys and others for suppling good info on these china quads and making it easier to solve problems.

hoyt

Old 12-11-2006 | 07:48 PM
Pro Rider

Even though I love my Polaris to death, I have spent more time working on it than my China quads, so that kind of blows the "go buy a used quad" theory out of the water. Not to mention the time I have spent on my Yamaha, but I bought it for 75$. Wish I could find more steals like that.

Quick Reply: CUT THE BS, THIS STILL NEEDS A CHINESE CATEGORY