Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Giovanni 49cc kids atv - reviews wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giovanni 49cc kids atv - reviews wanted!

Hi all,

Just bought and assembled two 50cc Giovannis and they seem pretty good. First one was about two hours to assemble but once I figured it out the second one took 30 minutes from crate to great. I think that with most things in this world you usually get what you pay for. In this case you get more. A Polaris 50cc is about $2600US (according to the Polaris web site). I got my Giovannis for $1100CAN ($550 each). You could buy 5 Giovannis for one Polaris. A no brainer if I ever saw one. Incidentaly it is possible to break the metal crate down and fit it in the tire box. Then it fits into the garbage can.

I have read much about setting valves and soaking carbs on these forums. I am hoping that those of you who like to do this are a lot more confident in your mechanical abilities than I am. I'm great at taking stuff apart but the reverse is often messy. My hope is that it is not necessary to do much of this - but if it is at this price I can pay someone who is handy and still be ahead of the game.

When you compare these little beauts to the junk you get at Toys r Us for $500 (Plastic everything and battery powered) it just makes sense to go with the Giovanni. The only advantage to the Toys R Us stuff is that the neighbors in the city won't mind the kids ripping up and down the sidewalk as much. If you are on an acreage or farm and have little kids you need one of these - you would be depriving them if you didn't.

I hope in a month I am still as sold on these quads.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

HEY, You must have got the tire parts. Had my 2 quads for 6 weeks or more. The only thing i seem to have to fiddle with is the carb. Think it might be the high altitude here. They run great otherwise.

Ya don't touch the valves, i did just to make sure they were right. They probably were right and it took me 3 times to get them right again.First time took for ever, 2nd faster and 3rd time got it down to 30 min now. Good luck and happy trails

Old 06-07-2006, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey there,

Good to here that folks are still happy with the little GIO's. My daughter has put over 50 hours on hers since April and it still runs like a hot damn. She is ten years old and drives this thing like she stole it...full throttle through some pretty rough stuff.

I've clocked her on radar at 50 kmph.

Take care.

Brian