Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Apex Pro Shark 90

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex Pro Shark 90

There's a review in the newest dirtwheels

Old 04-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Trailblazer

if your buying it from arizona "apex" eastside or westcoast atv its all the same owner and hes a "a hole" will not work with you what so ever if or when it brakes, it will if you ride it hard my sons is not even 6 mouths old yeat and has a new swingarm "bent" axle "bent" rear shock "blowen out" clutch ,pipe ,tranny gears, ect 8 yearold rider, but now its doing ok[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

We've heard he's a real winner.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: kasea90
if your buying it from arizona "apex" eastside or westcoast atv its all the same owner and hes a "a hole" will not work with you what so ever if or when it brakes, it will if you ride it hard my sons is not even 6 mouths old yeat and has a new swingarm "bent" axle "bent" rear shock "blowen out" clutch ,pipe ,tranny gears, ect 8 yearold rider, but now its doing ok[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
"If" I'm going to buy one of these, I'll be getting it from a local quad shop. Their about 3 miles away. I'm not sure where he get's them from but the info sheet he printed off said Apex Motor USA. I'm still trying to find more info on this machine. Can someone link me to a write up on these machines. All I've been able to come across is advertisements and spec sheets.

Old 04-19-2006, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer

I was talking to Ronnie at Big Country about the Xtreme Typhoon that's coming out compared to the DRR DRX90 (they are a dealer for both). He said the Typhoon should be an excellent machine and the DRX90 is a really good machine. He kept saying that besides the Apex and the Cobra, these are the best quads going. Once I heard the name, I started shopping. Found the website and loved what I saw. Called Greg at Apex, talked to him for a while and found him to be a really nice guy. He referred me to Scott at West Coast Quad and I ordered an MX90 just about 1/2 hour ago. He seemed to be a real stand up guy, already has plenty of parts and upgrades for the machine, and is drop shipping the quad right from the factory. During our conversation he said that the engine is basically the same as what the Eton Viper 90 uses (an excellent quad, I might add - my daughter has been riding one for 2 years), prepared for racing. That means the oil injection is removed, the starter and battery removed, different ignition and a pipe. Add to that liquid cooling, the double wishbone suspension, premium tires and wheels, nerf bars, and extra wide stance, the MX90 is a bargain at $3,099.00. Don't want to race? Then get the Pro Shark. Same bike as the MX90 without the race prep; keeps the electric start, standard a-arms and swingarm, regular pipe. And yes, it is the same machine Xtreme used to sell. If you check the Xtreme website, you will see it is a discontinued model for them due to distribution issues; the Pro Shark was supposed to be theirs exclusively. They will even tell you it is an excellent machine but they have now headed down the 4 stroke path with the Typhoon. Good luck in your hunt. In about 2 weeks, I should have some more information about the bike. They are shipping it tomorrow and I should have it 4-5 days later.

Old 04-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Trailblazer

ok when you get your apex 90 quad in the mail call greg or scott ,witch scott works for greg "same company" say that your quad has something wrong with it , they will tell you ooo well to bad theres no warrenty on these quads, bye the way my sons flying on his but i did alot of mods to it ,its a good quad we just dont like the guy selling them ,

Old 04-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

When you approached them with these issues, what was their response? I'm pretty sure what Riva Yamaha would have said to me if I had taken my Raptor back to them with bent axle, swingarm, blown clutch, etc. The vast majority (I would venture to say just this side of 100%) of warranties cover manufacturing defects, not hard use, and usually have some wording denying suitablility for any particular purpose. This even includes the warranty on the above mentioned Raptor, as well as my Ford F350, my Thermador oven and most every other product I have ever purchased whether it is top of the line or otherwise. I don't hold my breath on anybody's warranty especially when it is worded with something so comforting as '6 month limited.' Now, if it's something clearly manufacturing related, I expect some service. But if I've been out thrashing my ride and I bend something, guess what? Time to cowboy up and pull out the wallet.

Old 04-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Range Rover

same quad exactly. xtreme imports them and puts their name on them. they are a good little quad, there are many parts for them. most the motor parts are the same as other asian minis. WRH Racing has anything you need for them, even has a race pipe for them now. the xtreme typhoon is a different story. this quad was designed and built by kenny vaughn of k-fab out of dallas texas. no one else can put their name on this quad. they come in a 70 or 90 and a 125 will be out in a couple of months. they have about 7 inches of travel front and rear and are 4 stroke, nerf bars, aluminum rims, 19 x 6 x 10 holeshot mx tires come stock on the front. this is the mini quad of the future. i think retail is gonna be about $2000 for them. also wrh already has many race parts for these quads. this quad was a joint effort by xtreme, kenny vaughn and billy holt of wrh racing.

Mark

Old 04-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Trailblazer

diggin, its not the quad , I expect things to break , its just the guy selling them, telling people its race ready out of the box well if you race this right out of the box it will break first race,"for sure" if it dont then your not going fast , the quad is working good for us are sons flyin on it but the guy selling them will tell people anything to sell the quad and if you need help with it he dont have time for you and about cowboy up on the wallet well everybody thats racing does alot of that, i sure you do all the time owning a ford[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2006, 09:18 AM
Trailblazer

You said you had done numerous mods to your Apex. What have you done to make it more durable for racing? I don't expect my son to be too hard on it immediately, but he is fearless. I know it won't be long before he is trying to clear triples. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] BTW, after reading your post, I talked to our friends and when the subject of warranty came up, there were alot of hmmms and hahs. Just the same, really doesn't bother me for the same reasons listed above. As long as I can get parts for it after my son bends/breaks it, I'm cool with that. An interesting part of the conversation was that the bike is essentially a Kasea/Eton, meaning that these bikes all share the same motor, swingarms, aftermarket parts, etc. What's your take on that statement? In re to my Ford, I own a fleet of Powerstrokes and they have proven themselves absolutely bullet proof. My mechanic just tore down the motor of one that had 273,000 miles on it and the cross-hatch on the cylinder walls was still clearly visible. Besides some wear on one main bearing, the engine was still good to go. We pulled the motor out because of an oil pan leak (a real crappy design that doesn't utilize a gasket) and turbo was ready to be replaced. Figured since we had it out, might as well replace all the important stuff. Now, if they were 6.0s, .......

Quick Reply: Apex Pro Shark 90