Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Apex Pro Shark 90

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apex Pro Shark 90

I looked at one of these yesterday for my kids. Of coarse the dealer said these were the best on the planet but I'm not familiar with this brand. Has anyone had any experience with this machine. I'm real leary about purchasing non name brand wheeler's and afraid of being stuck with something I can't get serviced or have parts available. I currently have the kids on a 2001 scrambler 90. It's been a awsome machine without a glitch and I'd like to have the same experience with the next. I'm looking to add another quad to the stable because the sharing is just not working. The machine has everything I'm looking for and more.
A breif discription of the machine:
1) 2 stroke liquid cooled
2) Automatic cvt w/reverse
3) Dual A-Arms w/ billet coil over gas shocks
4) aluminum rims w/kenda klaw tires
5) headlight hi/lo beam
6) stainless steel exhaust
7) foot operated rear disk brake
Dealer priced it at $2395 which is about the same as a 2006 Predetor 90 cross country. So if anyone has had any experience with the Apex brand or has one of these machines I'd like to hear what you think of it.
Thank's

Old 04-13-2006, 12:30 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wonder if it's the same as the Xtreme Pro Shark? I'd take it anyday over the Polaris.

Old 04-13-2006, 12:51 PM
Trailblazer

I just looked at the Xtreme Pro shark 90 website. Yes that is exactly it. The papers the dealer gave me call it a Apex Motor Pro Shark. The spec's are identical, I'm assuming these are the same machine from different manufaturers. How can that be?

Old 04-13-2006, 12:55 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Xtreme is actually made by Unilli and marketed by Xtreme. Didn't realize another importer carried them. Parts wouldn't be an issue if you like to wrench on your own stuff.

Old 04-13-2006, 01:12 PM
Trailblazer

Wrenchin' is not a problem, unless I'm doing it constantly. You commented that you would take one of these over the polaris. Have you had any experience with these machines? How's the susp., motor reliabilty, trans (rev. holding up to kids). The dealer said it would do about 40mph with him on it, any truth to that? Can they be slowed down easily to accommidate different riders. I know I ask alot of questions, but, I'd rather here reports from the real world user than a dealer trying to make a sale.

Old 04-13-2006, 01:54 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!

Sorry, didn't mean to be misleading. It has features I like that aren't on the Polaris and at a better price. Plus I know a couple guys that swear by Xtreme. But I have no first hand experience with the Pro Shark. I just WISH it (or the DRR DRX) had been available when I was in the market.

There was a post in the mini section on atv - riders that you'd probably find useful. Been a while. You might try a search over there. It's not a race machine straight out of the box, but I think it would make decent play quad.

Good luck!

Old 04-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the replies. I'll do some more diggin' and see if I can find some reviews/test rides on this machine.
It looks/sounds (by reading the spec's) to be a decent machine. But real world is where it matters. My boy is not known as a relaxed rider, he get's a little big for his britches sometimes and having a machine that can take his abuse is top priority.
Thanks.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:40 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

holdmybeer,

The extreme is a very good quad. They have been around for years and have been proven very reliable. My neighbor has 1 between 4 kids and it is ridden almost every day. The suspension is soft, the motor is quiet and has lots of power. It will do about 40mph with the limiter all the way out. BUT if you want to save some money for about the same machine look at the Desert cat 90. The desert cat is also a very good quad for about 700-800 less. The desert cat looks almost like the Polaris predator but with alot more options. Take a good look at it. I dont think you will be dissapointed. You can look at pics and specs at Racewayatv.com

Old 04-14-2006, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

I remember reading a review on the extreme version in a magazine a little while back.They were very impressed with it.The dual front A-arms are a huge improvement over the single arm design used on most mini's.They rated the suspension far better than any other mini they had ever tested.Liquid cooling and it comes with cool rims and tires....I wish there was a dealer around here![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

They are getting to be a very hot little bike and mods are easy to come by. If you are into dune riding then hot days it would be nice to have water cooled motor. If you dont wanna race or if He's gonna outgrow it soon then the Unison desert Cat 90 is a good buy too like 2many toys said. I have seen the Pro 90 for $1999 and can get them locally for a little bit less than that here. The ETON 90 for $1800 or so is another good mini.

Quick Reply: Apex Pro Shark 90