Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Snapped Frame on a SunL 95 Auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snapped Frame on a SunL 95 Auto

Well, I talked to soem people today.

Dealer -- says bring it back, they will fix it up right. Problem is its 225 miles away, $77 in gas, and at least 8 hours of my time. That won't happen.

Other new dealer in town -- bring it in, we'll fix it up. $50 per hour, probably take 2 hours. That won't happen.

New frame from other guy $60 + $70 gas to get it. Plus, its still the same badly designed frame. That won't happen.

SunL in Texas - talked to Patrick. Said to talk to dealer. Told him the whole story, and why can't SunL just ship me a new quad? Ain't gonna happen, how do they know my 7 year old didn't abuse it. Then I asked to take it to the dealer in town, that ain't gonna happen.

So, this weekend I'll be machiing a new support system for the frame, and welding it in place. And remembering to never buy another Chinese quad. Even if I save money, its not worth the hassle.

Anyway, I'm left with a price of crap that I can't sell in good faith. I'm thinking about parting it out, and just buying a Suzuki LT80. Anyone need an engine, tires or seat?

Old 04-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

it's to bad you didn't buy it from raceway, they would have taken care of you.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ramtec

Did you call Raceway to get a frame? SunL has a 6 month warranty on parts. Not sure where the 30 day warranty came from.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

No, I didn't buy it from Raceway. I got a much better price from this other guy. Even if I have to buy a frame, I am still way ahead on money. I really don't want a badly designed frame, its only a matter of time before it breaks again. May as well fix it right now.

But, as far as time, I should have bought it from Raceway. But, no more of this junk for me. My time is too precious to waste on Chinese crap. I thought it would last a year, and then thrown away, but that didn't happen.

I found a 2006 LT80 for $1900, so I'll probably get that this week. Some snot nosed kid didn't like the color, so I save a few hundred. Then sell it in 2 years for $1800.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I think the Unison Desert cat is a much nicer quad than the Lt80. It is not Chinese crap either. It is a Jap bike. They are alot cheaper than the big name brands and are great for racing.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, I like the Unison. But its too big for my son. The same dealer in town that sells the SunL also sells the Unison now. But, for a few hondred more, may as well get a name brand I can sell for more money later.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider

I just saw Raceway has the Unison 90 for $1600, and they seem to be a reputable company. I'll check it out again before I buy the LT80. Since ATV season is almost over in Arizona, maybe I'll just wait until September and see how much he grows.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry for the slow response 2many. I get the kids a Jetmoto 125. Only minor issues on this one. One bracket for the rear plastic had a busted weld, most likely happened in shipping. The screwed up holes, much talked about now, on the rear skid plate. I bought a kick down shift for it because the travel and tension on the shifter was too much for the boy. Sorry for the 125 review on your post here. Anyhow that's what I got. BTW, I have a buddy here in SW Georgia that sells several brand of imports and he's had a couple of the SunL 90's come back with the same break on the frame, I think he's about done with SunL, after these breaks.

Old 04-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider

Alrighty, I bought a Suzuki LT80 tonight, will pick it up Saturday. All Jap fo rme now.
I'm going to weld the SunL on Saturday, so i cna move it around the garage easier. I'm open to any suggestions to what to do with this. Sell cheap or part it out on E-bay?

Old 04-29-2006, 09:21 AM
Trailblazer

Caveat Emptor! You get what you pay for! And other truisms, too. It's really a shame what you have gone through with that bike. A friend of mine bought two Chinese 110's for his sons and they literally lasted only two rides before starting to fall apart. The Jap and Taiwanese quads are the only way to go. My kids ride a Suzuki and an Eton. We've had them for two years and both of them have proven to be bullet proof. Of course, the price we paid could have purchased two Chinese bikes. I guess they are better than sitting on the porch but with the problems I see on this site I wonder if they should even allow that junk to be sold here. Where's Ralph Nader when you really need him? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Snapped Frame on a SunL 95 Auto